Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Iberia pilots will strike every monday and friday until July

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Masks
This week, 50% off ALL Camino Masks

annacaroline

Oh no! :(
I´m flying down to Madrid on Friday the 27th of April and tonight I just booked the home ticket from Santiago De Compostela on Monday the 4th of June....
I don´t know what to do!! It was hard finding a ticket for the trip down to Spain for a reasonable price when I booked it a month ago...

/Anna
Malmö, Sweden

Josefine

Year of past OR future Camino
Francés Primitivo Aragonés/Francés, Portugues Fisterra/Muxia Norte San Salvador Via Gebennesis
Sorry about that Anna, I am booked to travel on a Wednesday so I was lucky. Could you go to Barcelona instead? http://www.norwegian.com/se/ have quite good prices for the end of April, though not for Friday, but for 25, 26 of April if you can change your departure date.

Josefine

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I think Iberia will re-book you on another flight.. they might even book you on another non-Iberia flight the same day, but you need to get in touch with them and find that out.

Saludos,
Ivar

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Year of past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
I just called Iberia because I'm supposed to fly on a Monday also.
They said this was not confirmed and not to worry.
They said if there was a strike on your flight day, they would reschedule and to watch the http://www.iberia.com website.

bromeliad

Does anyone know if this will affect transatlantic flights as well?

I'm scheduled to fly Rio de Janeiro - Madrid on Monday April 16. Unfortunately, the local Iberia phone number in Brazil is impossible to reach. If anybody has any info on this please post it here, I'd really appreciate it.

Wolfmoms

I just called both American Airlines and Iberia, as my flight from Chicago to Madrid is an American/codeshare with Iberia ... was basically told the same that they told Anniesantiago ... not to worry, but keep checking as your flight date draws near ... for me, that is Monday, April 9th!! Guess anything can happenn in two weeks. They would rebook at no cost to me.Returning to the USA on a Tuesday, so not to worry there.

bromeliad

List of cancelled flights here:

http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/grupoiberia

Apparently they will update the list often -- today (Tuesday) they show only the cancelled flights for next Friday, March 29. Hundreds of them!... :(

And yes: long-haul flights too. It's a mess... :?

If you are scheduled to fly Iberia, keep checking. From my experience with this company, chances are they may fail to notify passengers, or do it only at the last minute.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads