• For 2024 Pilgrims: ā‚¬50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Iberia won't let me check-in online

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Enjoying the camino since 2009
I have booked tickets from Madrid to Santiago with Iberia Express, and on my ticket confirmation - not a ticket - it says I need to check-in online at iberia.com with last name, booking ref and origin of flight. I have tried this, several times, both on iberia.com and iberiaexpress.com, but each time I get this message: The characteristics of your booking mean you cannot check in online.

Is this something I should worry about? Something I need to fix before I go? I do have very little margin for delays between my flight to Madrid T1 and out again from T4, and I need to get through security again at T4, so I need this to run smoothly. If I print the confirmation and use the check-in machines at T4, will that be okay? Has anyone had this message? I was hoping to be able to check in both flights both ways before I go so I can just take my hand luggage size pack and move from gate to gate. Grateful for any help.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Oookay, so this is one instance where I have since answered my own question and could have removed the post, but I thought I'd post the solution instead:

Turns out with my ticket (possibly all tickets?) I can only check-in less than 24 hours before the flight! So the messages saying they could not find my booking, that my info was invalid, that there were unforeseen problems etc should not be a problem on the day before I leave, according to the very nice man at the help desk. So I need to print the receipt with the barcode and take it with me, check-in online with passport number etc on the day before the outbound flight, and use the barcode from the receipt at the self-service machine at Santiago airport before going home. Problem solved, panic over!

ā‚¬2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and CadaquĆ©s then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year Iā€™m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

ā“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.