• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Iconic photos free to use- help needed!

kubapigora

Time of past OR future Camino
On the Camino since 2008
Hi. I would like to ask you all for help.
I'm building with couple of friends a website about camino. The site will be in polish unfortunatelly (for you), but will help a lot of people from Poland to get information about Camino de Santiago. We would like to create a portal, which will unite people walking Camino in Spain as well as pilgrimages in Poland. There is a huge need for that kind of website in our country.
What I would like to ask you for is to help us with graphic bit. We urgently need a lot of photographs which we could use (ideally free of charge) with your permission.
I know that a lot of you are passionate about photography and have tons of photographs. If only few of you could send us one good photograph- it would help us a lot!
We are looking for any kind of Camino- related graphics. They will be use to create site graphic design (not as single photos for viewing). I hope you could help.
Site should be available at the end of this years season (hopefully mid October will be fully functional) on http://www.compostela.pl .
If you would like to get in touch- please send me PM or write an e-mail (kubapigora(at)gmail.com)
Thanks. Kuba.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, Huba,

What kind of photos are you looking for? Albergues, paths, churches, cruceiros, pilgrims ... please ask exactly what you need and I will try to send it to you if I have it.

And of course, the only cost I will charge for it is just a glass of wine if luckily we can meet in any albergue, in any Camino!!

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Javier Martin said:
Hi, Huba,

What kind of photos are you looking for? Albergues, paths, churches, cruceiros, pilgrims

Exactly. Anything we could use, anything what is related to camino. Even your photos on the road could be usefull, as we can photoshop them or use just part of the photograph. Any help would be great.
I hope you could help.
Thanks. Kuba.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello, Kuba.

I've made and send to you a selection of photos, I hope it like to you, from all the Caminos we can enjoy today.

I'm the author of all these photos, so you can use it in your website.

Camino Frances:

- Roncesvalles
- Zubiri
- Zariquiegui
- Castrojeriz
- Villalcazar de Sirga
- Cruz de Ferro
- Manjarin

Camino de la Plata:

- Puente Quintos (over the River Tera)
- Sta. Marta de Tera (Santiago on the church)
- Otero Sanabria (a church, near Galicia)
- Lubian (An special kind of arrows, only found in this Camino)
- Albergueria (A Special bar in this Camino)
- Cea (Albergue)

Camino Santiago-Fisterra:

- Carballal (Just Outside Santiago)
- PonteMaceira (Between Santiago and Negreira)

Camino Portuguese:

- Ponte de Lima - Igrexa (In Portugal, 42 km. before Tui)

Camino Aragonés:

- Eunate.

Camino Primitivo:

- O Cadavo (Albergue)

Camino de Madrid:

- Camino entre Pinares (Between Coca and Alcazaren)

Camino Catalan:

- Sta. Maria del Cami (Province of Barcelona, a few km. before La Panadella)

Santiago:

- The Cathedral

Buen Camino and good work with your website.

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain

Hi, Javier!

Thanks a lot! Your photos will help us a lot. Person, which is working on layout is begging me for more!
What we need most is some collection of high resolution photos with shells, pilgrims walking, churches and landscapes. Everything related to camino will be helpfull.
Maybe some of you could tell, if there is some place on the internet with (free to use) collection of that kind of photos? We really need your help!

Thanks everyone, who have already helped us!
Kuba.

Hi Kuba,
I have a beautiful photo of two Polish pilgrims with whom I walked last summer. One from Krakow, the other also from Krakow, but living in London. I only hesitate to give it because of MY cultural prejudices. In the States it is rather taboo to allow a photo of someone to be used publicly without their express permission. I would hate for one of the girls to see it and be offended that their image was used without their permission. But I know it is not a problem everywhere. Any thoughts?

Buen Camino,

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Deirdre said:
But I know it is not a problem everywhere. Any thoughts?
Well, I would rather not use a photograph without authors/model;) permission. But thanks for your interest. Maybe you would find some other photographs which I could use?
Talking of those Poles you have met- most of us live in London these days- British pilgrims will know what I mean :)))
Take care Deirdre!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.