• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ideas for a camino in December

Pierre Julian

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Ingles, VdP, San Salvador, Aragonese & Northern. Sections of Portuguese & Mozarabic.
Hello, any ideas please on a camino I could do short notice during December, possibly starting over the next few days?

I'm really keen for somewhere relatively warm (or at least - sunny) and not too expensive - so would need albergues mostly. I can fly into anywhere quite easily from London. I've got a bit slower at walking in the last couple of years, so nothing too exhausting!

I was thinking about walking from Malaga again (as I only got to Antequera last time when I got ill), but there's not much information on albergues at this time of the year for that route.Or from Granada, as I've done the early stages from Almeria - but again, finding information on albergues is difficult and I can't really afford hotels. Maybe from Jaen?

Is it likely to be particularly difficult walking from Salamanca to Santiago at this time? (I've walked from Seville to Salamanca in January and it was wonderful, but I'm a bit slower now and I stopped at Salamanca because it was so cold, I'd like to finish it though).

If you can give me any ideas or advice I'd be really grateful, in the past I've had some terrific help. Thanks in advance.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
PS. I’d send you the link directly but I’m on my phone on a bumpy train.

But the path may not have albergues in many (any?) stops.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just finished Porto-Santiago. With a bit of searching, albergues aren't a problem. You could easily start in Spain and have a great 7 days.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If you want to be warm on Camino this time of year I think the Camino in Gran Canaria would be a nice one, it's supposed to be beautiful.

Yes but accommodation is not cheap (something the OP requested), the flight probably isn’t either last minute, and it’s only three days. I was all set to do it next week but I was ‘rerouted’ to the Vía Serrana instead.

I've been looking at the Mozárabe from Málaga for a short Camino in January (walked from Granada back in 2014 and don't have time now from Almería) and found this list on the Association page:
https://caminomozarabedemalaga.com/destino/de-malaga-a-cordoba/

The stages are very short so I believe one could double up. From Málaga to Córdoba there only seems to be a problem on their stage 2 as the muni is closed. But I suggest writing them to ask about this month given the holidays.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back