• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ideas for Getting from Satiago to Amsterdam / Edinburgh to S

bluzman

What is the best way (is cost effective possible also) to get from Santiago to Amsterdam? I plan on being in Santiago on or before the 31st August and must be in Amsterday the 1st.
Same goes with getting from Edinburgh to SJPP? I plan on leaving July 31 for SJPP. How soon should I book flights/trains? Should I book my flight now? What airline is best? All ideas are welcome! THANKS!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I flew from Santiago to Amsterdam.
I can't recall which airline and my journals are in storage, but I DO remember that the longer you wait, the more expensive it gets. So if I were you, I'd make those reservations now.

You can try Googling it... try Ryan Air and maybe other people here might have ideas.

Good luck!
Where will you stay in Amsterdam?
We like The City Hostel - the one closer to the Anne Frank house, not the one in town.

Your best bet SdC to Amsterdam is with Vueling.

Book as soon as possible.

If you're taking about traveling on 31st of August or 1st of Sept this year, you're already late for special rates but I think you could get away with a one way ticket for around 150 Euros.

Hurry up,
Jean-Marc

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Getting to SJPP on a Sunday is not so easy as on other days.

You can fly Easyjet to London Gatwick and then go London Gatwick to Biaritz. There is a bus that goes from the airport to Bayonne Station from which you get the train to SJPP.

You need to be making reservations very quickly as time is running out.

If you could travel on Saturday 30th July there is a Ryanair flight from Edinburgh to Bordeux.

Get to the Bordeux train station and take a train to Bayonne - they are not that far apart.

If you get to Bayonne in time to get a train to SJPP fine. If not type in Bayonne in the search engine, or ask in another thread for hostal accomodation in Bayonne. Then take the earliest Sunday train to SJPP.

Good luck or as we say on the Camino Buen Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I flew yesterday from A Coruña naar Amsterdam by Vueling. Euro 142. Booked 5 days before in a little travel agency in the Rua Rosalia de Castro 29 in Santiago. From Santiago to A Coruña by Train takes 30 minutes. The bus to the airport takes another 30 minutes.

Thanks all...so far return is booked through Iberia (a Veuling flight) for 162 Euro...not bad...

The Edinburgh to SJPP is more challenging! Unfortunately I cannot leave until the 31st! Looks like it may be a flight to Paris, a train to Bayonne and a bus to SJPP...Timing will be difficult and it seems more likely I will not start my walk until the 2nd at best. OH well...I will make the best of it! (wow, maybe I need to start a easy inexpensive Pilgrim shuttle service to SJPP! HAHA!! )

Any other ideas??

I flew yesterday from A Coruña naar Amsterdam by Vueling. Euro 142. Booked 5 days before in a little travel agency in the Rua Rosalia de Castro 29 in Santiago. From Santiago to A Coruña by Train takes 30 minutes. The bus to the airport takes another 30 minutes.
That post omits the best parts -- Vezelay to Santiago. :D Can you elaborate on getting to A Coruña?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back