• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

identify photos

John Fraser

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2017
Hello all

I took the Camino Frances in 2 stages completing the last third in September of 2018 from Ponferrada to Santiago.
I am longing to go back and frequently look at my Iphone photos.

I was hoping someone can identify where I was in certain photos.
First between Trabadelo and La Faba
Second between La Faba and Triacastela
Third and fourth between Hospital and Melide
Thank you all so much!!

Attachments

• IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    640.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    741.3 KB · Views: 242
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The fourth is
Rectoral de Lestedo
A charming rural farm located in Palas de Rei, 20 km from Portomarín 34 km from Lugo

The third shows up as one of the last pictures here:

Maybe O Coto?

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello all

I took the Camino Frances in 2 stages completing the last third in September of 2018 from Ponferrada to Santiago.
I am longing to go back and frequently look at my Iphone photos.

I was hoping someone can identify where I was in certain photos.
First between Trabadelo and La Faba
Second between La Faba and Triacastela
Third and fourth between Hospital and Melide
Thank you all so much!!
Do you have location switched on on your phone? If so you might already have the answer!

Do you have location switched on on your phone? If so you might already have the answer!
You can upload the photos to https://www.verexif.com/en/ to see coordinates if the picture recorded them. Those coordinates do not appear in the copies here but the forum software may strip them out for privacy.

Maybe O Coto?
Casa de los Somoza, O Coto about 6km short of Melide.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Maybe O Coto?
That’s what i thought too…OCoto (3) . I have stayed at Rectoral de Lestedo in the main building and think the 4th picture is of the bungalows there, not the main house. I have reserved a bungalow in May. Anyone stayed there?

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The fourth is
Rectoral de Lestedo
A charming rural farm located in Palas de Rei, 20 km from Portomarín 34 km from Lugo

Thank you

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Maybe O Coto?
Thank you

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
First one is in La Portela de Varcarce! I believe right after one exits NVI exiting left into the small village.
Yep! If you enlarge your photo you can see it says 'La Portela' at the foot of the statue. I took a similar photo myself in 2016. It's right in front of the Bar/Restaurante/ Hostal El Peregrino. (It's on Streetview with someone taking a photo of it.)

Second one is the Monumento do Peregrino, on the Alto de San Roque.
I have its title recorded as 'Peregrino luchando contra el viento' [Pilgrim struggling against the wind] (1993) by José María Acuña López (1903-91). Alto de San Roque 1270 m, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yep! If you enlarge your photo you can see it says 'La Portela' at the foot of the statue. I took a similar photo myself in 2016. It's right in front of the Bar/Restaurante/ Hostal El Peregrino. (It's on Streetview with someone taking a photo of it.)
It's odd though when I look at Google maps, the statue is gone.

It's odd though when I look at Google maps, the statue is gone.
The statue is not marked on the map, you have to go into Streetview to see it. When I entered 'La Portela' in Google maps, the bottom of the statue appeared in the panel on the left of the map when Google Maps found it.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Attachments

• 5842D2F3-1CB5-4395-A66E-E72578963F70.jpeg
    5842D2F3-1CB5-4395-A66E-E72578963F70.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
Is that screenshot from Google Earth? Does the lower half show that there is no statue next to the marker identified as the location of the 'Estatua de Santiago Apostol'? This is because the marker is in the wrong place. The statue is on the small square to the right of the marker.

Last edited:
the marker [the statue's pin] is in the wrong place. The statue is on the small square to the right of the marker.
True. It looks like the person who submitted the information about the stature to Google had a slight error with his GPS. I took another, slightly different screenshot (below) and the sign with the town's name looks like it is at the location marked as the statue.
Is that screenshot from Google Earth? Does the lower half show that there is no statue next to the marker identified as the location of the 'Estatua de Santiago Apostol'?
Google Maps on an Android smartphone. I searched for the town, swapped to satellite view, moved to the marked hostel and zoomed in and then the statue's pin and label showed on the zoom. Then I indicated I wanted streetview and the upper pane appeared. I played with the lower (map) pane to show the important information before using the upper pane to view the statue.

There is photo information for the town that shows several photos of the statue that indicate its location better than the statue's pin.

Here is my new version where the upper pane shows the statue and the town sign close to the location the statue's pin indicates.
Screenshot_20211223-145226-01.jpeg

True. It looks like the person who submitted the information about the stature to Google had a slight error with his GPS. I took another, slightly different screenshot (below) and the sign with the town's name looks like it is at the location marked as the statue.

Google Maps on an Android smartphone. I searched for the town, swapped to satellite view, moved to the marked hostel and zoomed in and then the statue's pin and label showed on the zoom. Then I indicated I wanted streetview and the upper pane appeared. I played with the lower (map) pane to show the important information before using the upper pane to view the statue.

There is photo information for the town that shows several photos of the statue that indicate its location better than the statue's pin.

Here is my new version where the upper pane shows the statue and the town sign close to the location the statue's pin indicates.
View attachment 115282
You can notify Google of the error and they'll correct it, just give them a corrected set of coordinates.

It's easy to get them wrong - the UK government's pin for a Covid Vaccination centre near me was nearly 6km out (wrong longitude) - in the words of Rabbit: lucky we know the woods so well or else we might get lost.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back