• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help Identify this Spot on the Camino del Norte

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
According to Google this picture is apparently taken by Benedicto Santos who titled it "Coastal Road through Caravia". So somewhere on the Norte in Asturias near Caravia.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wow, it's incredible how many websites that have used that photo.
Tons!
Here are the search results of that photo.

And this site has the mirror image

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wow, thanks everyone — can someone explain how you used google to identify the place and how to find the many websites that used the picture? This all seems like magic to me.
There are a number of ways and some depend on what device you view your post from.

From an Android smartphone there is an option when looking at an image called "lens". This refers to a Google product called Lens which is designed to do image searches. See screenshots below.
Screenshot_20220114-124754.png
Screenshot_20220114-124808.png
Screenshot_20220114-124725.png
Some common sense is also needed to exclude the image from China.

Last edited:
There are a number of ways and some depend on what device you view your post from.

From an Android smartphone there is an option when looking at an image called "lens". This refers to a Google product called Lens which is designed to do image searches. See screenshots below.
View attachment 116447
View attachment 116448
View attachment 116449
Some common sense is also needed to exclude the image from China.
Amazing, but I love it when AI goes wrong. In my Google photos archive, when I did a search, it showed a photo of a lady wearing sunglasses in one of the circles. Not recognising her I clicked and discovered that she was a total stranger in a crowd scene. It was a sunny day and so Google had collected together every shot in which somebody was wearing sunglasses!
What was the expression? Garbage In, Garbage Out?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
According to Google this picture is apparently taken by Benedicto Santos who titled it "Coastal Road through Caravia". So somewhere on the Norte in Asturias near Caravia.
Taken just before Arenales de Moris on the cliff path to La Isla. Where the beach ends in the first pic looking back from the outskirts of La Isla. The second pic taken in La Isla itself is the same hill profile as the original post.
Blessings
Tio Tel171.El Arenal de Moris.JPG174.La Isla.JPG

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am not great with identifying places, but a friend has asked me if I know where on the Norte this could have been taken. I bet some of you can help. Many thanks, buen camino, Laurie

Hi everyone, I'm Laurie's friend, who asked her to identify the spot. I was going to be in the area and was curious to find the very spot, so one nice, sunny, Sunday morning I walked all the way from La Espasa beach back on the Camino to Arenal de Moris, without success. But then, on my way back to La Espasa to get my car, I found the very spot, at the very place where you reach La Espasa beach. Here's the spot:

_JMC0364_rebajada.jpg

I tried to get the very same perspective but there was no way it could be done: I asume the spot the original picture was taken from years ago is now on the very air, as the cliffs are slowly worn down by erosion from the sea and rain...

Anyway, thanks to every one for their input trying to find where the place was!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi pilgrims , last year i had some spare days and i walked from Irun to Santander , so my plan for this year was to start in Bilbao and walk to Santiago in 24 days . It turned out that i can...
Hi, ive been training for my CDN in two weeks time and thought i'd get some UK coastline under my belt (Scarborough to Robin hoods Bay). I have to say i was just not prepared for the amount for...
hello We plan to walk from Irún to San Sebastián first day in Mid May and looking for feedback on how long it takes. Think we are up to it but will be our first day. Thanks for your thoughts and...
Please, am I mad to contemplate the following combo: Norte: Biarritz-Bayonne-Irun-Santander (via Bayonne to get my legs going) Santander - train to Leon San Salvador - Leon to Oviedo Primitivo -...
I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
What is the most beautiful seven day section on the Camino del Norte? I have a good friend who cannot come with me for the entire walk. She is only available for a week. I start from Irun. She...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back