• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If I were to open an albergue...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, I liked La Finca en Poblacion de Campos [I took one of the upper bunks], free washing machine, plus, Ernesto is one of the best cooks on the Camino Frances! Small place, but they are expanding [adding a new building], family business, highly recommended. Thanks for reading, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
...I'd greet my pilgrim guests with a crisp glass of Prosecco or chilled beer as they checked in (a bed and breakfast owner on England's Coast to Coast did that and it was pretty crazy sipping Prosecco in dirty, sweaty hiking clothes!)

champagne and beer.jpg
(drawing from thumbs.dreamstime.com)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There is an nicely located albergue in San Sebastian, A Room in the City, with bunks that have a privacy curtain much like a sleeper car on a train, a lockable drawer below the bunk and reading lights.

...I'd greet my pilgrim guests with a crisp glass of Prosecco or chilled beer as they checked in (a bed and breakfast owner on England's Coast to Coast did that and it was pretty crazy sipping Prosecco in dirty, sweaty hiking clothes!)

View attachment 37159
(drawing from thumbs.dreamstime.com)

Experienced this at the albergue in Salas on the Primitivo. 5 of us arrived at the same time. The hospitalero sat us all down around the table in the kitchen and brought us cold glasses of beer and a bowl of potato chips as we paid for our bed and had our credentials stamped. So great - it had been a long hot walk that day.

...I would serve Breakfast in ... Sleeping Bag. Steaming hot coffee and warm blueberry muffins. But not until the sun was up. And the lattes would be in to-go cups.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
...I would serve Breakfast in ... Sleeping Bag. Steaming hot coffee and warm blueberry muffins. But not until the sun was up. And the lattes would be in to-go cups.
Love it! Warm muffins... Mmmmm.... But... I'd sell lightweight, reusable go-cups so the paper ones didn't end up in (hopefully) the nearby garbage cans or along the trail. On second thought, pretty sure as a paying customer I'd rather sit and enjoy my CCL in a normal cup while I savoured the muffin :p

No paying customers! If I were to open an albergue, it would be free. The only conditions would be no talk of politics or money, everyone would have to be kind and they'd have to "pay it forward" at some point. But...I think I'd send pilgrims off with a reusable souvenir cup!

No paying customers! If I were to open an albergue, it would be free. The only conditions would be no talk of politics or money, everyone would have to be kind and they'd have to "pay it forward" at some point. But...I think I'd send pilgrims off with a reusable souvenir cup!

Seems we are both of the same family ;-) BC SY

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back