• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If this works, it's a miracle

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Voila!

so here is today's idea. We start a social enterprise:

1 Laurie and Deirdre give fine art lessons with Laurie majoring on posting fine art prints on the web

2 Rebekah gives creative writing classes for up and coming bloggers in the Peaceable Kingdom

3 I give guided tours of the Caminos Portugues and Ingles - and throw in the odd IT tutorial

We could make a fortune - I can feel it.

Roll up...roll up.

.... and, if any of you want to know how to get to the starting point, let me know and I'll see if I can help you!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes, we'd all be lost without Sil.... oh, sorry, I couldn't help myself!

Glad you got that photo posted, Laurie!

Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I can vouch for Rebekah's abilities as a tour guide. This past September, I was whining on this forum about not being able to get to see the pre-romanesque church in San Miguel de la Escalada outside Leon before starting on the Camino del Salvador. Rebekah quickly offered to pick me up outside the Leon post office and drive me there. She and Paddy were there at exactly the time she mentioned. When I hopped in the back seat, sitting next to me was a beautiful book illustrating the Beatos that the monks in this monastery had illustrated many centuries ago. It was wild and weird and beautiful.

A leisurely tour and many photos later, they took me back to Leon and on a brief walking tour through the old town.

Without Rebekah, I wouldn't have been able to see this church, and I had been wanting to visit it for years and years, but never found a way to get there from the Camino Frances.

So, I think we'll have to divide up the tour part between Johnnie Walker and Reb -- but can I take charge of the Salvador and the Primitivo? By the way, Reb, when are you headed to Miraz? Have you decided which stretch to walk?

Laurie

Okay, I will humbly offer to act as receptionist/secretary. Will work for days off to hike the Camino, a bed and Food (well, Cafe con Leche anyway!) Karin :wink:

Well, it seems I´m in the PR business these days anyway - got the South African Confraternity cleanup a feature spot in the May "Peregrino" magazine! I might as well do tours. I dig on all the medieval iconography and the wild, wonderful stories behind all those plaster saints.

BTW, Laurie, you flatter me. I love San Miguel de Escalada, and will grab whatever opportunity presents itself to go spend some time there. It´s got such a mystic vibe. Going there with someone who appreciates it adds a whole new dimension.

I´m off to Miraz for the first two weeks of April, but not before walking the Camino Salvador! I´ll start in Leon next Thursday, meet Javier up at Pajares on Friday eve., and finish up in Oviedo on Sunday, God willin. (It´s not the long Camino del Norte hike I´d hoped for, but it´s getting there!)
It´s wonderful how I still get as excited as ever when planning a camino, even a quick one like this. Anyone want to go with?

Reb

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hey,

Seems everyone is queuing up to take on their area of expertise...so, count me in to organize a stage by stage "pub crawl', or in this case a pub walk. Just think of the possibilities...in the morning...cafe con leche and brandy...lunch cerveza reserva de Estrella, grande of course... then, depending on where you may find yourself...a good local Vinotinto or vinoblanco...for later, oporto reserva sounds and tastes good to me.

Buen bottom's up Camino

Arn

...and if café con brandy isn't your "cup of tea", a fine, stiff café con orujo is quite bracing on a chilly Gallego morning! :wink: Not that I ever tried it... but somebody told me... hahaahah

Reb, I'd love to come with you! Ugh! Timing is everything! :roll:

Buen Camino,

Thanks for the press release Reb - it has had a really good response and we are hoping that it will take off with confraternities in other countries.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dear GOD Arn, now when I run home at lunch I will truly need to stay focused on LUNCh...not what to drink with it!! Some how, mood that I'm in here today, having anything loosen the inhibitions wouldn't be a very smart idea!

Ah but thanks for something to contemplate as the afternoon wears on! :roll:

Karin

Karin:
The person who sees the public first is usually the only one who knows what´s really going on.

Which means YOU are the one who probably most needs a brandy with the morning coffee! And the afternoon ham & cheese, etc. etc.

Hats off to the ones who make it all happen!
Which brings me to Dierdre... can you translate a couple of things for me, darling?

Reb.

As my students would say.... ¡Tráelo! Actually, I wish they would say that... they would just say, Bring it on! :lol:

Buen Camino,

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back