• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If you had one week...

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
Those of you who have walked the Norte... if you had one week to walk again which week would you choose?

(p.s. asking for a friend ☺ 🤭:oops: )

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Irun to Bilbao. It is the most challenging and interesting. San Sebastian, Gernika and the bonus of finishing in Bilbao. On second thought, skip Irun, start after a nice day in San Sebastian and finish with a relaxing day in Bilbao. Plenty to do/see in Bilbao and a good transportation hub.

I agree start at the beginning. The first day from Irun is a tough one indeed. It is up and down the whole way to Bilbao but it sure has lots of rewards!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Irun to Bilbao. It is the most challenging and interesting. San Sebastian, Gernika and the bonus of finishing in Bilbao. On second thought, skip Irun, start after a nice day in San Sebastian and finish with a relaxing day in Bilbao. Plenty to do/see in Bilbao and a good transportation hub.
I agree! I started in San Sabastian and loved it. So many beautiful places along the way that "you won't miss what you don't know". Time spent in Bilbao will not disappoint either.

It's probably bit of a drive to get there but you could walk from Santander to Santo Toribio it has it own credential for this route. To avoid most of the industrial slog out of Santander you could go via peregrina2000 route. It would be about 6-7 days to complete.

It's probably bit of a drive to get there but you could walk from Santander to Santo Toribio it has it own credential for this route. To avoid most of the industrial slog out of Santander you could go via peregrina2000 route. It would be about 6-7 days to complete.

Thanks... I’ll take a look at that... I love the sound it it ❤️

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Oviedo-Ribadeo.
Itinerary suggestion:
1. Oviedo-Aviles 29
2. Aviles-(coastal detour to) Cudillero 30
3. Cudillero-Soto de Luiña 15
4. Soto de Luiña (mountain option to) Cadavedo 21
5.Cadavedo-Piñero 30
6. Piñero-(coastal option to)-Tapia 27+ (depending on beach detours)
7.Tapia coast/beaches to Ribadeo. 12+ (depending on beach detours)

Oviedo-Ribadeo.
Itinerary suggestion:
1. Oviedo-Aviles 29
2. Aviles-(coastal detour to) Cudillero 30
3. Cudillero-Soto de Luiña 15
4. Soto de Luiña (mountain option to) Cadavedo 21
5.Cadavedo-Piñero 30
6. Piñero-(coastal option to)-Tapia 27+ (depending on beach detours)
7.Tapia coast/beaches to Ribadeo. 12+ (depending on beach detours)

This route also has its' own memories for me.

I did not like the walk into Aviles.
3. Stopped for lunch at Hotel Marino in El Rellayo. Nice hotel on the ocean. The only Hotel I stayed on this route and the best meal I have had on any Camino.
4. This was an interesting day. I got lost and believe I walked the mountain trail before bushwhacking my way down to Ballota. A short while after Ballota is a steep descent to a small beach. If you want to skip the beach stay on the road.
6/7. Tapia de Casariego. The Albergue here was closed when I passed but a beautiful location on a bluff overlooking the Ocean.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.