• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If you had to choose ... I’m deciding between the Camino Inglés and then on to both Fisterra and Muxia OR Camino Primitivo

David Manzo

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugese (2018)
If you had to choose ... I’m deciding between the Camino Inglés and then on to both Fisterra and Muxia OR Camino Primitivo. I loved the Camino Portugués this year. Thanks.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hmmm. Both have their merits. You can and will find descriptions of pros and cons of both. Imo the primitivo is tougher but if you are up to the challenge then that would be my choice. More countryside and a bigger achievement. Nothing wrong with the other route though. I loved the primitivo. I liked the ingles. I loved sdc to Finisterre and Muxia. Flip a coin? Enjoy the planning.

Hi David,

I think it depends what you expect from your next camino. The Primitivo is rather tough with beautiful landscapes. There are not many possibilities to vary your stages before you reach Lugo. So most likely you will form a camino family.

The Inglés which has not called me so far, seems to be rather flat with unspectacular landscapes.

The camino to Fisterra and Muxía is nice, especially if you are heading for Fisterra first. It attracts people from various caminos but also people who do only walk this part. So you may have many interesting conversations about various caminos and get new ideas for future pilgrimages. But you can not expect that the travel companions with whom you have reached Santiago will continue to Fisterra and or Muxía as well.

Also it is rather unlikely that you will experience something like a camino family on such short caminos as the Inglés or the Fisterra-Muxía, because there is plenty of accomodation and you can do very variable stages (e. g. 3-5 stages to Fisterra, another 1-2 stages to Muxía, 4-7 stages on the Inglés).

BC
Alxandra

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I would choose the Primitivo, mostly because I think it makes more sense to take advantage of the time you have available to do one longer camino rather than two shorter ones. You can tack Muxia/Finisterre onto the end of another camino another time, and the Inglés only requires a few days so there'll hopefully be other opportunities to do it. Plus, the Primitivo is great!

The Inglés which has not called me so far, seems to be rather flat with unspectacular landscapes.

Oddly enough I read a post in a Facebook group a few weeks ago from someone who had just walked the Ingles - her first Camino - and was full of enthusiasm for it despite finding it very hilly for her. She then said that she is already considering the Primitivo for her second Camino because surely it couldn't be much more difficult. :):cool:

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I would second what @jungleboy says above. If you have time for a longer Camino; i.e. the Primitivo, do that. You can always come back to shorter caminos in later years.

@Via2010, btw, the Ingles does not walk over mountains, but is definitely not flat!

Highly recommend you do both as they are very different Caminos. We did Camino English from Ferrol to Fisterre and finished in Muxia in 2018 and the Camino Primitivo to Muxia and finished in Fisterre in 2019, The Primitivo is certainly much harder with a lot up significant ups and downs.

Last July I walked the Ingles (Ferrol to Santiago) and then on to Muxia and then to Finisterre. Really enjoyed it and it matched the time I had available. There were very few other pilgrims but I quite enjoyed the solitude. I'd recommend it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back