Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

If you haven't heard about the film/book "I'll Push You"..

Rod Murray

Past OR future Camino
Stumbled on this TED talk via their TED's email newsletter about two friends who do the Camino Frances, one in a wheelchair who wanted to do the pilgrimage and the other, who said "I'll Push You!"

Apparently the film is to be released in early November across the USA.

Here's the Ted Talk to view:

Here's the Website and trailer: https://www.illpushyou.com

Very inspirational!

All I can say is that when I saw them climbing up towards O Cebreiro, I realized how few challenges I had climbing it in a cold rain in June 2016.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

JMcCarthy

Jim from Boston
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014)
Camino Portugues (2016)
Camino Frabces (2019)
Fathom Events is sponsoring a 1-day showing in the U.S. on Nov. 2. Check their website to find the closest theater. I've been recommending it to all my friends. A beautiful, true story.
My wife and I will be attending the I’ll Push You viewing in a Boston-area theater on Nov 2. We have been very much looking forward to it. We met Justin and Patrick twice, the first time after O’Cebreiro, on July 2, 2014. This was a very inspiring experience for me, since my sister died of ALS.

Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles
Never in my life have I been so moved to tears. We receive what we need if we are looking and listening. Thank you for posting this Ted link. I will take it with me today as I walk, locally. I hope its gift will never leave me.

amorfati1

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2014_Caminho Portuguese (Lisboa to Santiago_4 weeks in May)
Stumbled on this TED talk via their TED's email newsletter about two friends who do the Camino Frances, one in a wheelchair who wanted to do the pilgrimage and the other, who said "I'll Push You!"

Very inspirational!

All I can say is that when I saw them climbing up towards O Cebreiro, I realized how few challenges I had climbing it in a cold rain in June 2016.
Grace in action !
thanks for sharing the video link.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

WGroleau

Wandering Weirdo
Past OR future Camino
2015 & 2016 (partial)
... two friends who do the Camino Frances, one in a wheelchair who wanted to do the pilgrimage and the other, who said "I'll Push You!"

I saw on Youtube a longer video (I think an hour) of them telling about it (with images and trail videos) in a church. But I tried to find it again to post a link and it failed to appear.

TaijiPilgrim

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2011), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Ingles (2017), Camino Muxia (2017), LePuy(2019)

Very inspirational!

As Bala mentions, there is a special one night showing of their documentary at select theatres across the United States on November 2. Go to their website and you will find the information and link to purchase tickets. I think it is necessary to buy tickets ahead as it is a special viewing arranged in conjunction with the Muscular Dystrophy Association. I believe there is both a dvd and a book available.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

Walking Lover

Past OR future Camino
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.

Very inspirational!

I have my tickets for a showing in Freferick, MD.

Fletchonides

Past OR future Camino
SJPdP - Pamplona (2014)
Pamplona - Burgos (2016)
Burgos - Leon (June 2017)
Leon - SdC (June 2018)
I got to push Justin for a short while on their first day out, on the way up to Orisson, and they had a special screening of the movie in Dublin a while back. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles
I got to push Justin for a short while on their first day out, on the way up to Orisson, and they had a special screening of the movie in Dublin a while back. I would thoroughly recommend it.
Sorry I missed that screening. Any idea if it will be back? Otherwise, I will maybe look for the dvd.

Fletchonides

Past OR future Camino
SJPdP - Pamplona (2014)
Pamplona - Burgos (2016)
Leon - SdC (June 2018)
Sorry I missed that screening. Any idea if it will be back? Otherwise, I will maybe look for the dvd.
It was organised by CaminoWays in their offices around St. James Day 25th July; I think because they had helped Justin and Patrick a lot. I believe that November 2nd is the official release date, so I think after that we might see possibilities for a DVD.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Irish Bernie

Past OR future Camino
Francis 2013-2014-2015,16 and June 2017,May 2018,Sept 2018.
The boys have a face book page with all the film n book info.

Dave C.

Past OR future Camino
Francis (2016)
SJ to Santo Domingo (2017)
Santo Domingo to Fromista (2018)
SJPdP to Burgos (2019)
I bought two tickets last night for the showing in Virginia Beach on the 2nd.

Caminopilgrim

Very inspirational!

Caminopilgrim

I also recently watched the amazing TED talk… Immediately ordered tickets to the showing on November 2… ordered the book on Amazon which was delivered yesterday and I have not been able to put it down! What an inspiration these two men are! They are the true spirit of the Camino!

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Walking Lover

Past OR future Camino
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.

Very inspirational!

November 2. We have our tickets.

Marianne2011

Past OR future Camino
2011 Camino de Santiago
2012 via Francigena

Very inspirational!

Marianne2011

Past OR future Camino
2011 Camino de Santiago
2012 via Francigena
I'm going to the Vallejo showing 11/2

I truly think that this film could go all the way to win documentary at the oscars.

I am hoping the filmmakers are at the showing so that I can ask them to show it in the Northbay where many Camino pilgrims reside.

Jami Gray

Camino <3
Past OR future Camino

Very inspirational!

I just saw the film at the Heartland Film Festival and actually got to sit through a question/answer period with the two friends. It was awesome and especially meaningful after walking the Camino myself. IT WILL ONLY BE SHOWN IN SELECT THEATERS AND ONLY ON NOVEMBER 2 (one day only). Locations and tickets are available at https://www.fathomevents.com/events/ill-push-you/theaters.

GloriaAnn

Past OR future Camino
I plan to walk in September 2018

Very inspirational!

That was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I'll look for the film.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Thank you for this post! It was awesome to watch them. I will look for the screening in my area. I would love to download the film. Will use this for inspiration when I get tired along the way!

CaroleH

Past OR future Camino
VdlP 2006, Portugues 2007;Madrid 2009, Finisterre 2009; Sur and VdlP 2011,2013; Manchego and Madrid 2014; VdlP (parts) 2016; Hospitalero plan 2017.
Well that brought a tear to my eye. Amazing perseverance. Amazing friends. Amazing camino community.

lindacube

Past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte, Camino Costa, Camino Central (all 2017); Camino Primitivo + Norte (July 2018)
In June this year in Monte de Gozo I met a Czech expedition with a similar goal. They were supporting a man with multiple sclerosis (not sure if that is the correct term for it in English), who did the French Way (600km I think) with his son and friends. Here is his website: http://www.caminonakoleckach.cz and he is hosting a few screenings of a 90minute film all around the Czech Republic. To all the Czech pilgrims I would strongly urge to go and see it, the group was very inspirational. They are raising awareness that when you are disabled your life doesn't end, but new paths and new caminos open up to you. <3 If they ever release the film in English or with English subtitles I will post the link here on the forum for all to see..

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children

Very inspirational!

We just left the theater and you can hear them speak, you can hear the story second hand but nothing can compare to seeing this , as presented, in documentary form. They did an amazing job of capturing situations that you can't even imagine. Brushing of his friends teeth, taking him into the shower, putting him on the potty, using a urinal...so much intimate sharing.
I loved this and am so thrilled to have watched it, thank you for sharing the information about it!

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Back from theater in Culver City, Ca. movie was unexpectedly terrific. When Patrick allowed others to push his buddy up the hill to O'Cebreiro, I was moved nearly to tears. He, needed to allow others to help him help his friend. Accepting help can be far more difficult than giving it.

Fletchonides

Past OR future Camino
SJPdP - Pamplona (2014)
Pamplona - Burgos (2016)
Leon - SdC (June 2018)
Back from theater in Culver City, Ca. movie was unexpectedly terrific. When Patrick allowed others to push his buddy up the hill to O'Cebreiro, I was moved nearly to tears. He, needed to allow others to help him help his friend. Accepting help can be far more difficult than giving it.
That was also one of the best moments for me

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
That was also one of the best moments for me
Me too!!!
We had a small intimate crowd in our theater and I couldn't contain myself, I cried several times in the movie but that was
the most. Taking him into the elevator at the beginning...and when they took him into the shower at the beginning. When they got into bed literally lifting him...just overpowered me. I noted a lot of the Camino specific stuff was not in there...the cathedral was barely shown (if at all) at the end etc... I wondered if that was to keep the topic more on the friendship.
The biggest treat was my kids reaction, who having done the Camino and could really appreciate it.

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
It was organised by CaminoWays in their offices around St. James Day 25th July; I think because they had helped Justin and Patrick a lot. I believe that November 2nd is the official release date, so I think after that we might see possibilities for a DVD.
Am I the only one who thought if someone helped organize where they stayed that a selection minus elevators or rooms on anything but the bottom floor would have been better planning. I appreciated when they had the elevator fiascos that they probably booked their places themselves not knowing what was out there. BUT when I saw that their rooms was pre arranged and credited to a company I was shocked.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
In June this year in Monte de Gozo I met a Czech expedition with a similar goal. They were supporting a man with multiple sclerosis (not sure if that is the correct term for it in English), who did the French Way (600km I think) with his son and friends. Here is his website: http://www.caminonakoleckach.cz and he is hosting a few screenings of a 90minute film all around the Czech Republic. To all the Czech pilgrims I would strongly urge to go and see it, the group was very inspirational. They are raising awareness that when you are disabled your life doesn't end, but new paths and new caminos open up to you. <3 If they ever release the film in English or with English subtitles I will post the link here on the forum for all to see..
Please share if you get more info, I would be very interested in seeing this!

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I think that they had trouble with the elevators because the wheelchair that they used was much larger than a standard wheelchair, so I don't really think that the company that made the arrangements is really to blame. I'm sure that they booked accommodations that were wheelchair friendly - for a standard size wheelchair.

I enjoyed the movie, and agree that the moment that Patrick realized that allowing others to help was what life is all about was the most powerful. I liked that he realized that he was able to give others joy by letting them participate.

There were a couple of little nitpicky things for me, such as calling the Meseta "the desert stretch". And for all the planning that they did why didn't they stop at Orisson the first day? Why didn't they allow more time?

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
And for all the planning that they did why didn't they stop at Orisson the first day? Why didn't they allow more time?[/QUOTE]

I marveled at that too. But, I think it may have been due to truly underestimating the effort involved first day out, especially with two guys pushing. Also, as I watched the movie, I thought Patrick had a little self-punishment going.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads