• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If you haven't heard about the film/book "I'll Push You"..

Rod Murray

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 CF 2019 PC
Stumbled on this TED talk via their TED's email newsletter about two friends who do the Camino Frances, one in a wheelchair who wanted to do the pilgrimage and the other, who said "I'll Push You!"

Apparently the film is to be released in early November across the USA.

Here's the Ted Talk to view:

Here's the Website and trailer: https://www.illpushyou.com

Very inspirational!

All I can say is that when I saw them climbing up towards O Cebreiro, I realized how few challenges I had climbing it in a cold rain in June 2016.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Fathom Events is sponsoring a 1-day showing in the U.S. on Nov. 2. Check their website to find the closest theater. I've been recommending it to all my friends. A beautiful, true story.
My wife and I will be attending the I’ll Push You viewing in a Boston-area theater on Nov 2. We have been very much looking forward to it. We met Justin and Patrick twice, the first time after O’Cebreiro, on July 2, 2014. This was a very inspiring experience for me, since my sister died of ALS.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Never in my life have I been so moved to tears. We receive what we need if we are looking and listening. Thank you for posting this Ted link. I will take it with me today as I walk, locally. I hope its gift will never leave me.

Stumbled on this TED talk via their TED's email newsletter about two friends who do the Camino Frances, one in a wheelchair who wanted to do the pilgrimage and the other, who said "I'll Push You!"

Very inspirational!

All I can say is that when I saw them climbing up towards O Cebreiro, I realized how few challenges I had climbing it in a cold rain in June 2016.
Grace in action !
thanks for sharing the video link.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
... two friends who do the Camino Frances, one in a wheelchair who wanted to do the pilgrimage and the other, who said "I'll Push You!"

I saw on Youtube a longer video (I think an hour) of them telling about it (with images and trail videos) in a church. But I tried to find it again to post a link and it failed to appear.

Very inspirational!

As Bala mentions, there is a special one night showing of their documentary at select theatres across the United States on November 2. Go to their website and you will find the information and link to purchase tickets. I think it is necessary to buy tickets ahead as it is a special viewing arranged in conjunction with the Muscular Dystrophy Association. I believe there is both a dvd and a book available.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We've got tickets for Nov 2 in one of the Denver theaters that's showing it on that date.

Very inspirational!

I have my tickets for a showing in Freferick, MD.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I got to push Justin for a short while on their first day out, on the way up to Orisson, and they had a special screening of the movie in Dublin a while back. I would thoroughly recommend it.

I got to push Justin for a short while on their first day out, on the way up to Orisson, and they had a special screening of the movie in Dublin a while back. I would thoroughly recommend it.
Sorry I missed that screening. Any idea if it will be back? Otherwise, I will maybe look for the dvd.

Sorry I missed that screening. Any idea if it will be back? Otherwise, I will maybe look for the dvd.
It was organised by CaminoWays in their offices around St. James Day 25th July; I think because they had helped Justin and Patrick a lot. I believe that November 2nd is the official release date, so I think after that we might see possibilities for a DVD.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The boys have a face book page with all the film n book info.

I bought two tickets last night for the showing in Virginia Beach on the 2nd.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Very inspirational!

I also recently watched the amazing TED talk… Immediately ordered tickets to the showing on November 2… ordered the book on Amazon which was delivered yesterday and I have not been able to put it down! What an inspiration these two men are! They are the true spirit of the Camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Very inspirational!

November 2. We have our tickets.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Very inspirational!

I'm going to the Vallejo showing 11/2

I truly think that this film could go all the way to win documentary at the oscars.

I am hoping the filmmakers are at the showing so that I can ask them to show it in the Northbay where many Camino pilgrims reside.

Very inspirational!

I just saw the film at the Heartland Film Festival and actually got to sit through a question/answer period with the two friends. It was awesome and especially meaningful after walking the Camino myself. IT WILL ONLY BE SHOWN IN SELECT THEATERS AND ONLY ON NOVEMBER 2 (one day only). Locations and tickets are available at https://www.fathomevents.com/events/ill-push-you/theaters.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Very inspirational!

That was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I'll look for the film.

Thank you for this post! It was awesome to watch them. I will look for the screening in my area. I would love to download the film. Will use this for inspiration when I get tired along the way!

Well that brought a tear to my eye. Amazing perseverance. Amazing friends. Amazing camino community.

In June this year in Monte de Gozo I met a Czech expedition with a similar goal. They were supporting a man with multiple sclerosis (not sure if that is the correct term for it in English), who did the French Way (600km I think) with his son and friends. Here is his website: http://www.caminonakoleckach.cz and he is hosting a few screenings of a 90minute film all around the Czech Republic. To all the Czech pilgrims I would strongly urge to go and see it, the group was very inspirational. They are raising awareness that when you are disabled your life doesn't end, but new paths and new caminos open up to you. <3 If they ever release the film in English or with English subtitles I will post the link here on the forum for all to see..

Very inspirational!

We just left the theater and you can hear them speak, you can hear the story second hand but nothing can compare to seeing this , as presented, in documentary form. They did an amazing job of capturing situations that you can't even imagine. Brushing of his friends teeth, taking him into the shower, putting him on the potty, using a urinal...so much intimate sharing.
I loved this and am so thrilled to have watched it, thank you for sharing the information about it!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Back from theater in Culver City, Ca. movie was unexpectedly terrific. When Patrick allowed others to push his buddy up the hill to O'Cebreiro, I was moved nearly to tears. He, needed to allow others to help him help his friend. Accepting help can be far more difficult than giving it.

Back from theater in Culver City, Ca. movie was unexpectedly terrific. When Patrick allowed others to push his buddy up the hill to O'Cebreiro, I was moved nearly to tears. He, needed to allow others to help him help his friend. Accepting help can be far more difficult than giving it.
That was also one of the best moments for me

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That was also one of the best moments for me
Me too!!!
We had a small intimate crowd in our theater and I couldn't contain myself, I cried several times in the movie but that was
the most. Taking him into the elevator at the beginning...and when they took him into the shower at the beginning. When they got into bed literally lifting him...just overpowered me. I noted a lot of the Camino specific stuff was not in there...the cathedral was barely shown (if at all) at the end etc... I wondered if that was to keep the topic more on the friendship.
The biggest treat was my kids reaction, who having done the Camino and could really appreciate it.

It was organised by CaminoWays in their offices around St. James Day 25th July; I think because they had helped Justin and Patrick a lot. I believe that November 2nd is the official release date, so I think after that we might see possibilities for a DVD.
Am I the only one who thought if someone helped organize where they stayed that a selection minus elevators or rooms on anything but the bottom floor would have been better planning. I appreciated when they had the elevator fiascos that they probably booked their places themselves not knowing what was out there. BUT when I saw that their rooms was pre arranged and credited to a company I was shocked.

In June this year in Monte de Gozo I met a Czech expedition with a similar goal. They were supporting a man with multiple sclerosis (not sure if that is the correct term for it in English), who did the French Way (600km I think) with his son and friends. Here is his website: http://www.caminonakoleckach.cz and he is hosting a few screenings of a 90minute film all around the Czech Republic. To all the Czech pilgrims I would strongly urge to go and see it, the group was very inspirational. They are raising awareness that when you are disabled your life doesn't end, but new paths and new caminos open up to you. <3 If they ever release the film in English or with English subtitles I will post the link here on the forum for all to see..
Please share if you get more info, I would be very interested in seeing this!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I think that they had trouble with the elevators because the wheelchair that they used was much larger than a standard wheelchair, so I don't really think that the company that made the arrangements is really to blame. I'm sure that they booked accommodations that were wheelchair friendly - for a standard size wheelchair.

I enjoyed the movie, and agree that the moment that Patrick realized that allowing others to help was what life is all about was the most powerful. I liked that he realized that he was able to give others joy by letting them participate.

There were a couple of little nitpicky things for me, such as calling the Meseta "the desert stretch". And for all the planning that they did why didn't they stop at Orisson the first day? Why didn't they allow more time?

And for all the planning that they did why didn't they stop at Orisson the first day? Why didn't they allow more time?[/QUOTE]

I marveled at that too. But, I think it may have been due to truly underestimating the effort involved first day out, especially with two guys pushing. Also, as I watched the movie, I thought Patrick had a little self-punishment going.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back