• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If you only had two weeks?

crhutch

Time of past OR future Camino
(2010) March/April SJPP to Santiago and hence to Finisterre
(2016) Hospitalero Grañón 15-31 March
(2016) April Logroño to Santiago
(2017) Hospitalero Zamora 15-31 March
(2017) Hospilatero Emaus, Burgos 1-14 April
My wife and I will be walking the Camino next year. We have friends who would also like to walk with us but only have two weeks. Where would you recommend they start?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My wife and I will be walking the Camino next year. We have friends who would also like to walk with us but only have two weeks. Where would you recommend they start?
Hi, start in SJPdP and see where it brings you.
Wish you all well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

We had 2 weeks on the Camino (not including travel to and from), so we started in Leon. This is 300 km, and at 20 km/day Leon to Santiago can be done in about 15 days. Another good starting point is Astorga - that's a good 12-13 day walk. If you want to have a little more flexibility (for days off, shorter days, etc.) then Ponferrada is another good choice. These are all options for getting to Santiago in the time you have. Of course if getting to Santiago isn't a priority, then starting in SJPP and going as far as you go is a good option.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If all I had & had not walked it I think where ever you begin would be best. But if you are independent couples looking for your individual experiences, the couple with more time than 2 weeks would walk the Francis section & the short 2 weeks couple could try the Primitivo section starting in Ovideo. Then meet in Santiago so the longer time couple would have to be in Leon & start walking a bout the same day as those in Ovidio.
Just a thought.
Keith

Just done two weeks, started in Leon. Compostella was not my goal, but got one anyway. Had to get the bus from Ponferrada to Villafranca, and O Cebreiro to the bottom of the hill to keep my time to 12 days so I could get my flight back from Santiago. You can get the Compostella by walking from Sarria to Santiago, 100km, and getting 2 stamps per day. Funny really, we kept up with a bus of tourists doing the camino but missing bits out. Marly tours or something. Even saw them in the cathedral at the mid day blessing.
Really good walk, challenging at times, but very do-able

Crhutch:

The time of year could make a difference. Your wife and you could start in SJPdP and you could meet your friends in Leon to complete the Camino. Therefore you would all finish in Santiago and receive Compostela's, if that is a goal.

Ultreya,
Joe

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sjpdp to burgos.

Sjpdp to burgos

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Caminho Portugues. From Porto to Santiago Easy in a fortnight and at the and a Compostela certificate
No bedrace. Just easy does it. Great people the Portuguese, great landscapes, great food and wines. Very relaxed.
Bom caminho

Depends if getting the Compostella is important or not:
  • If the Compostella is a requirement: start in Astorga or Ponferrada
  • If not: start in Burgos, stop in Astorga or Ponferrada
  • If not, a bit shorter: Pamplona to Burgos
All these journeys are around 270 km and well doable in 2 weeks.
All localities are well desserved with the public transportations.

Buen Camino, Jacques-D.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If I had 14 days to redo a section I'd go - Hospital de Orbigo to Finisterre. 27k a day. Walk from Leon to Hospital de Orbigo is no entertainment so bus that bit and begin in Hospital.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
SJPDP for sure... The best part and most beautiful.... Is the first week or so.
Let me also say if I may, I forget my compostella, but think all the time about the poeple I met, the places I have seen and the experiences I have gained during my Camino... So really, who cares about the compostella...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We had three weeks and did SJPDP to Logrono, Burgos to Leon, then Sarria to Santiago. I felt like we got a nice sampling of scenery, villages, cities, terrain, and, most importantly, a sense of how pilgrims evolve during the entire 500 mile walk (even though we could only do 300). People are excited at the beginning, very reflective and a little cranky (but interesting to talk to) at the midpoint, and filled with joy at the end (especially those who started at SJPDP). We are very SLOW walkers, so it might be possible to do this route in two weeks. Many of the people we started with at SJPDP finished (the entire 500 miles) at the same time we did even though we skipped two 100 mile segments. I wish we had had two more weeks. We will definitely return and do the whole thing some day. It was one of the best experiences of our lives. Lastly, I should add that we went there with the plan to walk as far as we could, but our plans changed which is one of the many wonderful lessons of the Camino. :)

We have friends who would also like to walk with us but only have two weeks. Where would you recommend they start?

Hi,
Depending on how fit they are I would recommend starting in Leon.

The other alternatives are Astorga or Ponferrada.

Attached is a 13 day itinerary for your consideration.

regards,
Arthur Loughran

Attachments

• Leon_to_Santiago.pdf
    86.6 KB · Views: 38

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back