• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If you see something, say something — to Gronze!

peregrina2000

Staff member
I made this comment on the thread I posted about the Villavieja albergue on the Invierno, but I thought I would post my suggestion in a general thread as well.

Gronze.com is routinely used by many forum members. I think most of us would say that the information is typically reliable and current.

A few days ago, I noticed that the Gronze entry for the municipal albergue in Villavieja listed out of date information — both the email address and the telephone were incorrect. The information listed was from the previous hospitalera, who left the albergue several months ago.

I emailed them, by clicking on the “contacto” button (which is down on the bottom left of every page) and gave them the correct information. Within a few hours, the page was updated.

So, my suggestion, forum members, is that when you notice something on Gronze that is incorrect, send them an email. It is painless and they are very responsive. And it really provides a big help for those who are planning to walk in the near future.

Buen camino, Laurie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I made this comment on the thread I posted about the Villavieja albergue on the Invierno, but I thought I would post my suggestion in a general thread as well.

Gronze.com is routinely used by many forum members. I think most of us would say that the information is typically reliable and current.

A few days ago, I noticed that the Gronze entry for the municipal albergue in Villavieja listed out of date information — both the email address and the telephone were incorrect. The information listed was from the previous hospitalera, who left the albergue several months ago.

I emailed them, by clicking on the “contacto” button (which is down on the bottom left of every page) and gave them the correct information. Within a few hours, the page was updated.

So, my suggestion, forum members, is that when you notice something on Gronze that is incorrect, send them an email. It is painless and they are very responsive. And it really provides a big help for those who are planning to walk in the near future.

Buen camino, Laurie
I haven’t figured how to get the gronze site into English. Any thoughts?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Gronze is really the best I have found so far. I have used it on all my recent Caminos. At least for the Caminos that are most known to the public. Too bad some lesser traveled Caminos are still "a work in progress", as they call it. The detailed info about the Mozárabe stops short after Córdoba, for example... And there is nothing but rudimentary maps for the Requena... Still, the routes that they have covered in their entirety are almost always up to date, and the attention to detail is amazing.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Buen camino, Laurie
I think that this is a great idea especially these days. I also think that people, like myself who don't walk in peak times should inform Gronze on open/closed albergues. In my experience no app or website was more than about 65-70% accurate especially late in the year. Not Gronze's fault of course. There are always the whims and needs of the owners of private albergues especially.

Gronze is really the best I have found so far. I have used it on all my recent Caminos. At least for the Caminos that are most known to the public. Too bad some lesser traveled Caminos are still "a work in progress", as they call it. The detailed info about the Mozárabe stops short after Córdoba, for example... And there is nothing but rudimentary maps for the Requena... Still, the routes that they have covered in their entirety are almost always up to date, and the attention to detail is amazing.
I know what you mean about some of the "secondary" routes. Sometimes I have gone to gronze to check out the less traveled way. I will plan an itinerary and look at albergues to sleep in. I do this before a camino I am planning to walk. Spent hours doing it before the VDLP. Then when I get ready to go I toss my itineraries and just go. At best sometimes I may write down a few albergues that people seem to absolutely love as a reminder. It is a small bummer when Gronze is a work in progress. It is fun to do it even I never get a chance to walk the camino i am planning.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I bet they would welcome your input on this!

That reminds me: in fact, I reviewed on Gronze each and every place where I stayed when I walked the Invierno a few years ago! So that is one kind of input... Of course, I could send them info about the Camino itself in the future.

I used a pseudonym in my reviews, so you will not easily see which ones are mine...

Although I will admit to being the one user who vehemently defended Pensión Yoel in Chantada against all the haters...! :mad:

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Buen camino, Laurie
Thank you Laurie as I will be doing the Invierno in September and was thinking about the Villavieja albergue.

I went to website but am still perplexed about how to keep the translation to English throughout the website.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I went to website but am still perplexed about how to keep the translation to English throughout the website.
Are you using the Chrome browser?
There should showing you that it's being translated into English, or asking you if you want it translated.
As you open new pages they should translate.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you are on a computer you can right click to translate the page. When you do, you see a pop up. There are three dots on it - click them, and you will get the option of "always translate Spanish." If you choose that, then all pages that are in Spanish should translate.

Gronze spanish translate.png

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back