• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If You Used a Travel Company - Where Do You Come From?

If You used a travel company - Where do you come from?

• North America

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • South America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Northern Europe

• Eastern Europe

• Southern Europe

• Western Europe

• Central Europe

• Australia or New Zealand

• Asia

• Africa

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
OK, you can see the obvious link with a previous poll 🤫

I'm just curious, for those who used a travel company on their First Camino, where do you come from? i.e. Live Now.

By travel company, I mean primarily they arranged your accommodation. (probably luggage transport as well)

Might be an interesting correlation...

And the debates about the 10 selected zones and where you were born v where you live now were all had on the post linked above ;)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Not MY first camino, but it was the first camino for the 15 people in my group.

They wouldn’t go alone, so I organized it all for them, but I’m not a travel company, and they paid cost price.

I booked all their accommodation for them, but they each paid the suppliers directly when we got to them.

They bought their own air tickets, and carried their own packs.

Do they count? If so, you can tick Africa 15 times 😂.

First in the alphabet but last in the list 😟.

Not MY first camino, but it was the first camino for the 15 people in my group.

They wouldn’t go alone, so I organized it all for them, but I’m not a travel company, and they paid cost price.

I booked all their accommodation for them, but they each paid the suppliers directly when we got to them.

They bought their own air tickets, and carried their own packs.

Do they count? If so, you can tick Africa 15 times 😂.

First in the alphabet but last in the list 😟.

I took care to use the same list as the other Poll ;)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm just curious, for those who used a travel company on their First Camino, where do you come from? i.e. Live Now. By travel company, I mean primarily they arranged your accommodation. (probably luggage transport as well). Might be an interesting correlation...
The correlation, whatever one can see in this poll, will only represent the members of this forum, and out of these, only those willing to cast a vote.

The results of the poll about "Where do you come from", ie where do you live now, show a huge discrepancy between the proportion of where people come from on this forum and where all the people come from who walk a Camino.

I've no experience of my own to share, I didn't even meet many camino walkers who were on an organised tour, and if I did, it wasn't something I recorded in any notes or gave prime space in my internal memory banks because frankly, despite the rants on here and the anecdotes, camino walkers who had booked with a tour agency, especially if it was on what is called a self-guided tour, are not particularly discernible when you pass them or chat with them on the way or at a rest place. And I'm glad that this thread is back on course! Don't turn this into rants and justifications.

My money would be on "Western Europe", btw, in this case mainly France, Germany, UK, Ireland and so on. It's the largest "feeder area", apart from Spain obviously, and it is where I noticed a remarkable increase in the offer of walking tours on the Caminos, whether self-guided or guided, during the last decade or so.

The correlation, whatever one can see in this poll, will only represent the members of this forum, and out of these, only those willing to cast a vote.

The results of the poll about "Where do you come from", ie where do you live now, show a huge discrepancy between the proportion of where people come from on this forum and where all the people come from who walk a Camino.

I've no experience of my own to share, I didn't even meet many camino walkers who were on an organised tour, and if I did, it wasn't something I recorded in any notes or gave prime space in my internal memory banks because frankly, despite the rants on here and the anecdotes, camino walkers who had booked with a tour agency, especially if it was on what is called a self-guided tour, are not particularly discernible when you pass them or chat with them on the way or at a rest place. And I'm glad that this thread is back on course! Don't turn this into rants and justifications.

My money would be on "Western Europe", btw, in this case mainly France, Germany, UK, Ireland and so on. It's the largest "feeder area", apart from Spain obviously, and it is where I noticed a remarkable increase in the offer of walking tours on the Caminos, whether self-guided or guided, during the last decade or so.

I understand your points. It's hardly representative. Just a bit of fun...

I'm just curious, for those who used a travel company on their First Camino, where do you come from?
Is this the same curiosity that other members seem to have been struck down by recently, Polentellus 🤠

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back