• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If you want to loose body weight you better walk Ingles

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
On the first stage of Camino Ingles, in Naron, just short of first albergue the local people decided that they will loose 100.000 kilos of their weight communal style in two years. So you can join them if you wish ;)
https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notic...elgazar-100000-kilos/0003_201801G12P24991.htm

More on this if you put "perdida de peso en naron" in Google.
I find it brilliant , but not for me still have to gain a few kg. as a part off my healing proces.
Wish you well , Peter .

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
oh, Peter, how I wish I could zip it off down the cyberwaves to you right now!

Watch your mailbox....;)

What shall I say , I'am very greatfull off all the support I get from you and other Forum members during my healing proces.

It's very much appreciated , Peter

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What shall I say , I'am very greatfull off all the support I get from you and other Forum members during my healing proces.

It's very much appreciated , Peter
Well, Peter, you know what they say why we males don't have cellulitis?
Because it doesn't look nice ;)

You still want it? :D

PS (Sorry ladies. I love you all, cellulitis or not!!! :))

With a few diet changes earlier this year and after my Primitivo, I am down from 202 lbs to 176.5 lbs or about what I weighed in high school 40 years ago. Being just under 6' 2" I need to put on a few pounds again, but with winter coming fast here should not be a problem!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The only real hill is coming out of Pontedeume :) Hospital de Bruma has been "de-routed" now.
So no more Bar Julia? I didn't know the route had been changed since I walked it in 2015 ..
Still, the rest of the route isn't exactly flat!

So no more Bar Julia? I didn't know the route had been changed since I walked it in 2015 ..
Still, the rest of the route isn't exactly flat!
Apparently not. I cut west at Presedo refugio about 4k short of Julia's as I was staying at a place called Costa de Egoa but I was told by some German ladies that the re-route now bypasses Julia's and the hill. You could, of course, still follow the old route but not sure if the markers are still there.
Similarly, on the approach to Sigüeiro, everyone I spoke to said they hated the diversion alongside the E1 Autoestrada. If I did it again I'd certainly take the old route down the gravel track.

The route after Presedo goes well away from Bar Julia. There is still a hill up to Hospital de Bruma, but it is an hour's gradual climb through forest roads, as opposed to a slog.

I did not see markers for the old route after Presedo, but I did meet one person at Hospital de Bruma who had walked along the old route, thereby meaning that it is possible to walk the old route, provided that you know where to turn off.

Whilst on the subject of old routes, I ended up walking the old route to Cabanas from Vilar de Colo, because there was a lack of waymarks on the roundabouts under the motorway, and was directed on the old route by a friendly local. There were no official markers left, but at each 'junction', there was still sufficient yellow arrows painted on streetlamps, walls or the road, enabling me to reach the beach at Cabanas without too many problems. The old path from Presedo to Hospital de Bruma is more in the countryside, and therefore, it would be interesting to hear from anyone who has walked this after the official reroute to hear how well marked the old path to Hospital de Bruma is? Although the new route takes the big hill out, walking for 30 minutes on the main AS-542 road alongside a large electricity substation was not too much fun, and I was not impressed with Bar Avelina that you pass there.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I always lose at least 2-3 kg on a full camino. I am not overweight, so it is something to reckon. I suspect I lose more than that in fat and gain something in muscle mass, both in my legs, arms & shoulders, because of the poles, which I use with energy. In any case I love my body after a Camino. Wish it could last.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back