• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If you'll be walking soon..

S

sjf

are you booking ahead or not? I'm just curious what folks on the Frances are doing? I had planned not to book ahead, but am now reconsidering that option with all the stories about pilgrims being turned away, places being full, etc. I'd love to hear from others about plans for those walking in the next few weeks.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If this is your first Camino, maybe even your second until you figure it out. We walked in May-June this year and booking ahead was almost mandatory unfortunately. Buen Camino.

are you booking ahead or not? I'm just curious what folks on the Frances are doing? I had planned not to book ahead, but am now reconsidering that option with all the stories about pilgrims being turned away, places being full, etc. I'd love to hear from others about plans for those walking in the next few weeks.

Assuming you are starting from SJPdP: The first days up to Pamplona are always a bottleneck. Depending where you come from/when you arrive book at least Saint Jean and Huntto/Orisson if you plan to stay there, after that and especially after Pamplona things will have calmed down. Buen Camino, SY

A few nights "within" the first week , you be the judge,
The mad September rush should now be over if commencing in STJPP

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I think it's actually nice to book somewhere occasionally, even if there is no apparent bed rush. Some albergues are particularly nice and tend to be the first ones to fill.

It also means you can have a relaxing day and not feel the need to rush. Having to rush and stressing over bed availability is the worst aspect of the Camino for me, even more than bag rustlers and snorers.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
In Casanova now. Walking very short days. Beyween 6 and 15 k due to sore feet. Lots of space in alburgees. Ot last four nights only one was full nu closinhg. Last nigjt only three of us and space for 20.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am on the Camino Frances right now. I promised to myself that I would not worry about where to sleep. I did have initial reservations for Saint Jean, Orisson and Roncevalles. After that I wanted to take it like it happens and NOT plan ahead. IT WORKS. I also just can´t be part of the rat race to the next albergue. I leave at 7 after some coffee. It´s not yet dawn, but there is enough light to see the way marking and then the day comes. It´s almost too cold to walk with my warm jacket, but ok once I get moving. I sort of plan where to land next, but am open to other options. It works. Don´t fret. Just do it. There are always other accommodation options if something is full. Sometimes right now I read what is being posted and think I must be living in an alternative universe! Everything is fine.

On Camino Francis now in Terradillos. We haven't booked ahead anywhere except for our rest day where we book a private room in a hostel or pension. Unless you are very slow or very late you won't have a problem finding a bed.

I plan to return to do the Ingles to Santiago and then on to Finisterre/Muxia in 18 or 19. While May/June were great, I think Fall sounds very appealing. SJF, enjoy your Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I just finished my hospitalera posting at wonderful Granon with a maximum of 50, but we did not have to turn anyone away although we were full twice. Now I am in Redecilla and had no problem finding a place for tonight. Hoping to walk the meseta, my favourite part, if temperatures permit.

At La Faba now just before o'cebreiro. I was mostly booking the first week. I am very rarely booking now there as I like the flexibility on the day to decide how far to walk. Lots of great albergues don't take bookings anyhow.
Just be wary if you are getting into a big town like León on a Saturday afternoon.

At La Faba now just before o'cebreiro. I was mostly booking the first week. I am very rarely booking now there as I like the flexibility on the day to decide how far to walk. Lots of great albergues don't take bookings anyhow.
Just be wary if you are getting into a big town like León on a Saturday afternoon.
Loved the walk up to O'C, it was a very hot day. Just after the boundary marker for Galicia, a cool breeze occasionally came over the top so I knew I was close. Just before I arrived, the clouds came over much as they do in San Francisco, it was glorious. Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back