• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

If you're out just before dawn, look east.

Time of past OR future Camino
VdlP(2012) Madrid(2014)Frances(2015) VdlP(2016)
VdlP(2017)Madrid/Sanabres/Frances reverse(2018)
If you're walking before dawn, take a look at the amazing sky at the moment. I took this picture in my back yard on my iPhone 20 minutes ago. There are 5 planets visible, actually in the right order. I couldn't include Saturn which is right at the zenith.
IMG_3422.JPEG

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you're walking before dawn, take a look at the amazing sky at the moment. I took this picture in my back yard on my iPhone 20 minutes ago. There are 5 planets visible, actually in the right order. I couldn't include Saturn which is right at the zenith.
View attachment 128524
I saw that beautiful eastern sky when leaving casa morgade at 5 am about 10 days ago. Beautiful!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Maybe someone on the camino right now can capure an image with a recogniseable icon in the foreground! I find it hard to believe that you can do it on a phone.
Your view of the line-up would be quite different to mine because I am about 25 degrees closer to the equator, so it appears more perpendicular to the horizon.
I also saw the moon and friends last night (Friday, Seattle), looking slightly NE towards the Cascades from my apartment.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you are in Spain the line-up (actually the ecliptic) will be quite different to the photo. Just guessing, but it should be rotated about 60 degreess clockwise. An early morning picture fro Alto de Mostelares would be nice!

View attachment 128524
What a great photo. Thanks very much for that.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I had another look early this morning and the view is still impressive, though Mercury has now moved too close to the rising sun to see. I looked up a star chart to find out how it will appear tomorrow from the camino. This is from Belorado at 6am, (to be approximate), but will be representative. You're in the early dawn at that time, but the blaze of Venus and Jupiter will be unmistakable. Mars has a very distinctive colour. The second image shows the view more or less east - (actuallly the green dotted zone on the first image). The angle of alignment is remarkably different to my photo of course. Wish I was there!
Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 10.59.33 am.jpeg Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 10.58.25 am.jpeg

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.