• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

IGN maps

biloute

Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
I think I remember seeing these mentioned in a post, but couldn't find any reference for them when I did a search. What IGN maps would you need for Le Puy to SJPdP?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you follow the markers, you do not need a map. If you are like me, and enjoy a good map, they are all free here:

http://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/accueil

I use the snipping tool on my computer to print them out at 1:25000

MMDD is all you need

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you appreciate a good map, avoid the miam-miam guides, The FFRP guides have real topo maps, cut from the IGN maps, not the sketches that MMDD has.

While one doesn't require a large format topo map to walk the Le Puy route, such maps can be useful - especially for planning. They are really great for us North Americans who are a bit hazy on the overview of European topography. Two series are of interest to the pilgrim: the Blue Series, which has the scale and detail for walking routes, and these two items from the Green Series (special interest items) - 903 Long Distance Footpaths in France, and 922 Way of St Jacques de Compostella. Available from www.ign.fr or www. Maps worldwide.com

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes if you like good maps as Newfydog says you do not require MMDD
However i repeat you do not need good maps.
It's very simple signage ...... its called GR65 and it looks like this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and if you get lost on this don't try Camino Norte

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back