• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

IKEA dry bag

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hola! Have you used the RENSARE dry bag from IKEA, and does it hold up on a long trip?
I haven't. I'd imagine they're sturdy enough, but being plastic rather heavy for your purpose.
The waterproof nylon ones are lighter and not that much more expensive.

Hola! Have you used the RENSARE dry bag from IKEA, and does it hold up on a long trip?
I use heavy duty builders waste bags which seem to last the trip OK and are very cheap. You can also use them at the end of the Camino to either put garbage in or use two to enclose your back pack to protect it as hold luggage.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
If this as a pack liner, it is very heavy at 5 oz. I use Nylofume bags which are big enough for 55 L packs and weigh less than an oz. They are very strong. The only issue is that they make quite a racket. But you don't get ready in the dorm room in the morning anyway, so . . .

Have you used the RENSARE dry bag from IKEA, and does it hold up on a long trip?
What are you thinking of using it for? It is not a very big bag (9 L) so it won't serve to encase your backpack. This Ikea one could be suitable for carrying things into the shower, but it looks rather bulkier than necessary when a plastic grocery store bag would serve just as well.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This Ikea one could be suitable for carrying things into the shower, but it looks rather bulkier than necessary when a plastic grocery store bag would serve just as well.
These oversized Ziploc bags work well for taking things into the shower area, and they have a "handle" that you can use to hang them on a hook (if there is one).

What are you thinking of using it for? It is not a very big bag (9 L) so it won't serve to encase your backpack. This Ikea one could be suitable for carrying things into the shower, but it looks rather bulkier than necessary when a plastic grocery store bag would serve just as well.
I don't use a pack liner, but a 4L and 8L drybag for my sleeping bag and clothes. Helps me keep my stuff in order and makes packing in the morning faster.
So one could use the ikea one for something like this, but then, i feel this one is to heavy for my taste.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
just for valuables! I had one for my entire pack last time and it was a bit annoying

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.