• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I'll walk with you...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Great that you created this thread. Personally, I d be happy to walk with someone even if I am not on CF, but as you kknow something has been reported in Escamplero few days ago. So in order not to spoil themagic, I hope someone will be on the Primitivo on 23.

Love to all

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Viranani for creating this thread. I'm leaving on July 4th. I too would like to walk with someone over the next 7 days to reach Santiago on the 10th.

I depart from St Jean on 31st of May but only travelling as far as Estella happy to walk with others. Arriving St Jean on the 30th.
Let's try not to let fear interfere with what could potentially be a beautiful life changing experience. I remain positive, and hope before we depart the culprits will be caught.
Buen Camino and hopefully see ye there.
Rita

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My 18 y/o nephew and I will be walking through the area in question (Astorga to Rabinal) some time around the 15th or 16th of June. Anyone is more than welcome to tag along with us. My name is Carl (picture below in the green) and my nephew's name is Josh (the Eagle Scout on the left).

Attachments

• 2015-04-13 17.26.28.jpg
    2015-04-13 17.26.28.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5491.JPG
    IMG_5491.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hey,

Im leaving sjpdp on 1st June. Would like to walk with someone or meet someone along the way. Im sure i will meet lots of people out there too.

Ellen
Hi Ellen, a couple of us are leaving SJPDP on the 31st to Orisson, 1st Orisson to Roncesvalle. I am 52 year old, 6ft woman with short Platinum blonde hair. Look for me and say hi!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I am leaving St. Jean on May 28th. I'm still waiting to hear back from Orisson regarding staying there that day. I would love to walk with others and am very comfortable walking in silence if you're just looking for walking buddies. While I think it's prudent to be mindful, I still think we can all have a very peaceful, enjoyable Camino.

Hi Ellen, a couple of us are leaving SJPDP on the 31st to Orisson, 1st Orisson to Roncesvalle. I am 52 year old, 6ft woman with short Platinum blonde hair. Look for me and say hi!
I'll be looking out for you on my day one and your day two.
Rita

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have a stay in Bizkarreta on June 22nd and will either start on SJPDP on 23rd or stay the night there and start on 24th. Happy to walk with anyone.

Buen camino!

Hi everyone, im starting on wednesday from ponferrada. Will arrive at 6am and im a bit scared now because of all i read. Would love to join to some group if possible. What time do most pilgrims start walking in the morning?

Start times vary. My suggestion is go to the main hostel in the town, strike up a conversation and ask if you can join a group of pilgrims starting out from there.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There will be five of us somewhere between Ponferrada and Villafranca on the 27th May if this helps anyone (obviously this is 30km after Rabanal ) but a lone walker would be welcomed.

First post, and first Camino, and essentially first long walkabout.
Leaving Stockholm 23rd or 24th of August and
planning to start the Camino in SJPDP the 25th of August.
Anyone is welcome to join.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ho
My 18 y/o nephew and I will be walking through the area in question (Astorga to Rabinal) some time around the 15th or 16th of June. Anyone is more than welcome to tag along with us. My name is Carl (picture below in the green) and my nephew's name is Josh (the Eagle Scout on the left).
how long is it to walk from orison to this area at steady pace approximately

I am leaving St. Jean on May 28th. I'm still waiting to hear back from Orisson regarding staying there that day. I would love to walk with others and am very comfortable walking in silence if you're just looking for walking buddies. While I think it's prudent to be mindful, I still think we can all have a very peaceful, enjoyable Camino.
I emailed Orisson the second time in French (copy and pasted translation) and received an answer within 48 hrs....it's seems to make a difference?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
how long is it to walk from orison to this area at steady pace approximately

The Brierley book puts it at about 21 days, but a steady pace might make it sooner than that. Josh and I will be starting on the 11th of June from Sahagun, which is the halfway point on the Camino Frances.

I hope we do run into one another. It would be a pleasure to walk with you. We'll keep an eye out.

Josh and I both have green Osprey backpacks. Mine has the blue Camino Forum patch glued to it . . . . unless it falls off like the other patches did.

Last edited:
A proud uncle just has to brag. Josh runs track for his High School. His mother just called and said that his 4X200 relay team just took the Gold Medal in the Maryland State Championships.

And you're walking with him!? :eek: Well, if he needs some slowing down, you can just have him carry lunch and all the water. :D
(But, wait...he's an Eagle scout. He'll probably volunteer before you can ask.)
Eagle scout, gold medalist, probably pretty smart too, I bet. Congrats, proud uncle...you have every reason to be.
A very buen Camino to you both...I hope you have a grand journey! (And this time, may there be a convivial crowd at the Tertulia!)

€60,-
And you're walking with him!? :eek: Well, if he needs some slowing down, you can just have him carry lunch and all the water. :D
(But, wait...he's an Eagle scout. He'll probably volunteer before you can ask.)
Eagle scout, gold medalist, probably pretty smart too, I bet. Congrats, proud uncle...you have every reason to be.
A very buen Camino to you both...I hope you have a grand journey! (And this time, may there be a convivial crowd at the Tertulia!)

Yeah, he's pretty smart also. He's been accepted to Marist University starting this fall.

We definitely will stop by Tertulia to see who is "hanging" there. I hope it will be almost as much fun as we all had there together back in April.. I'll have a beer in your honor.

Thanks, Durhamparish! When you're there I'll be staying a monastery in Ladakh (and will probably be thinking of the Tertulia with nostalgia. I am not Tibetan, and do not like butter tea!:confused:;))

For those on the Frannces who may be concerned right now about having company between Astorga and Rabinal...anyone walking who wants or can offer company?
My wife and I are currently on the Camino France's, staying in Atapuerca tonight, and Burgos tomorrow night. Our goal is The End of the World by late June. Feel free to approach us. Just look for the 2 Aussie flags and Camino arrows on our packs.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back