• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I'm booked :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Great! Especially after the other thread on safety and the response of some family to the idea. I walked from Canterbury to Chalons en champagne last August. I am heading back for a week now in May and hopefully in July I am planning to get through the rest of the route in France and Switzerland and into northern Italy 5on Aosta. But it will be 2020 before I really get down into Italy. I loved my three weeks and can't wait to go back!

Yes - I think that gave me more motivation than anything else. WOW - that's great. From what I read here it seems like France is a bit challenging because of the trails are not well marked but I bet it is beautiful. I wish I would have had the time to go from Lucca to Sienna but with the flights being so long and I only have 5 days off of work, it's just not feasible. I know I'm going to love this adventure so I'm sure I'll be going back and keep going south.

How was England?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello Everyone!

Well it's official - I booked my tickets today. I will be flying out from the US to Pisa on August 23rd and getting there August 24th. I will be leaving Florence on August 31st. Super excited and super nervous.

Saira
I hope you have a wonderful time. Are you actually starting walking in Pisa? I doubt there is way-marking from there as it's not on the route.

Don't be anxious. Everyone is kind and helpful, and most Italians want to practise whatever English they have, if your Italian isn't great. Once you're on the official VF the way-marking is excellent. It will, however, be very hot in August/September.

I hope you have a wonderful time. Are you actually starting walking in Pisa? I doubt there is way-marking from there as it's not on the route.

Don't be anxious. Everyone is kind and helpful, and most Italians want to practise whatever English they have, if your Italian isn't great. Once you're on the official VF the way-marking is excellent. It will, however, be very hot in August/September.

I'll be starting from Lucca. My flight lands in Pisa at 9pm so I'm staying overnight there and heading out to Lucca , probably late morning via train and from there I walk. I told my friend from work that he has to start teaching me italian lol. He knows 5 languages and has been to Italy over 15x.

Yeah, I was looking at the weather, I was thinking about September but I wanted to take of advantage of Labor day and have that extra day off from work so that's why I chose to take the last week of August off.

I'm so excited, I am passed the nervousness - I want to be there already....

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back