• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I'm doing the ancient coastal and northern route Camino in September do you have a reccommended website for all the best info in English please?

This is the Camino

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan for September
for this route in starting mid September ?

first Camino don't want to get lost
also looking for the best sat nav device

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you are after the best English website you have probably found it, go back to the forums home page and scroll down till you find the section on the north route and then read through the advice there.

If you are after the best English website you have probably found it, go back to the forums home page and scroll down till you find the section on the north route and then read through the advice there.

HI thanks for reply

I am actually doing the primitive route from Irun starting 11/ sept
the Northern route is the last bit

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
One of the few Camino routes I haven't completed, yet, Wise Pilgram apparently has a good app, but perhaps a more techno pilgrim will pop up soon with more practical advice. Good luck with your planning and your walk.

HI thanks for reply

From Irun, it's the Camino Norte - the Primitivo branches off just after Villaviciosa and then goes through Oviedo and Lugo - the original Norte goes via Gijon, Aviles and Ribadeo

The best guide book is Wise Pilgrim (separate books for the Norte and the Primitivo) - also as an App
https://www.csj.org.uk/product/the-...osa-through-oviedo-to-santiago-de-compostela/

The guidebook, among other things, is very useful for seeing the various alternative paths that can be taken along the way

HI thanks for reply

As someone else wrote, I think you are confused. From Irun you are on the Camino Norte. When you get to Villaviciosa you can then go towards Oviedo and the Primitivo. You will eventually end up on the Camino Frances for the last few days. Those few days may be a little bit of. shock to you because compared to the Norte and Primitivo there are a lot more people. I agree get the Wise Pilgrim book and app. Go to Gronze.com for maps and reviews of Albergues. If you open in Google Chrome it will be translated. Some great info on Gronze. Oh yea, to add yo your confusion. The Primitivo is the ancient route and that is not along the coast it goes South and west. Norte is on the coast. But who cares!!! Just walk and enjoy. I will be about a week behind you. But staying on Norte all the way.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The best website is gronze.com, but you will have to use Google Translate to see it in English. Its native language is Spanish.

A good guide book covering both the Camino del Norte and the Primitivo is “The Northern Caminos” published by Cicerone in UK. Also, Camino del Norte published by Village to Village Map Guides. Mind you I also have the Wise Pilgrim app and almost every day find that bits of the route have been modified.

Yesterday’s experience was finding ourselves walking an extra 4km to approach Laredo via the coast - beautiful but tiring after 30km.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back