• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I'm off then

Jersey

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2017
hey everyone
I have been posting on here the past few months but have just finalized my flight plans. I'll be be arriving in Spain July 22 & leaving Sept 5.
I'll only be walking from Leon to Santiago. ( I have to be in Valencia by August 13 for my friends 40th birthday party ) after that it's off to A Coruna & Cangas to stay with friends.
I deeply appreciate all the advice and recommendations I've learned about by reading this forum. Hopefully I'll meet a few of you in my journey.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
hey everyone
I have been posting on here the past few months but have just finalized my flight plans. I'll be be arriving in Spain July 22 & leaving Sept 5.
I'll only be walking from Leon to Santiago. ( I have to be in Valencia by August 13 for my friends 40th birthday party ) after that it's off to A Coruna & Cangas to stay with friends.
I deeply appreciate all the advice and recommendations I've learned about by reading this forum. Hopefully I'll meet a few of you in my journey.

It sounds like a really wonderful plan, and with some variety and adventure. Leon to Santiago is a wonderful Camino. I love the city of Leon. In fact, I love it all. I could very easily change my Camino Porto plan and walk C Frances again. Feeling very nostalgic tonight. About Leon: the Cathedral area is fantastic. I love it when there is a market in front, with bright oranges, and other fruits, vegetables and flowers. There is a churros and chocolate shop on the main drag that I'm very fond of....

The shops on the side streets are phenomenal, with unusual clothing (Sigh, European styles are the best). I love beautiful hats, gloves, scarves. People watching in Leon is such a great pastime.

It's truly a gorgeous city, with a restaurant to charm on every side street, and a great walk out of town too. I miss Leon tonight.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'll only be walking from Leon to Santiago.

Jersey,

I like the part where you say "I'll only be walking from Leon to Santiago." geez, only 321 km/200 miles, should be there by lunch time! What a great camino you are going to have. I wish you well.

Buen Camino!

It sounds like a really wonderful plan, and with some variety and adventure. Leon to Santiago is a wonderful Camino. I love the city of Leon. In fact, I love it all. I could very easily change my Camino Porto plan and walk C Frances again. Feeling very nostalgic tonight. About Leon: the Cathedral area is fantastic. I love it when there is a market in front, with bright oranges, and other fruits, vegetables and flowers. There is a churros and chocolate shop on the main drag that I'm very fond of....

The shops on the side streets are phenomenal, with unusual clothing (Sigh, European styles are the best). I love beautiful hats, gloves, scarves. People watching in Leon is such a great pastime.

It's truly a gorgeous city, with a restaurant to charm on every side street, and a great walk out of town too. I miss Leon tonight.
Thanks. I was wondering if I should spend an extra day/night in Leon.
Now I think I will. I gave myself 19 days to walk from Leon to Sandiago and get myself to Madrid.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back