• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I'm on my way.

marjude

Time of past OR future Camino
4/2011 VdlP,
4/2014 Rota Vincentina, Portugues.
4/2016 Aragones, Frances.
4/2019 Madrid, Frances
Hi all,

I'm leaving Australia today, arrive in Spain tomorrow, begining my walk from Seville 27th.
I have been able to access so much valuable information on the forum, which has made my planning so much easier. Thank you all very much.

Buen Camino, Judy.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buen camino!
Weather in Andalusia seems fine, 15 - 20 degrees C. Sure you will have a nice time. Starting a month later. Hope you get time to tell us about your trip on the forum.
ranthr

Buen camino Judy.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Have a wonderful walk, Judy. Hope you will have time to report back here from time to time, so that all of us who long for the beauty of the Vdlp will be able to enjoy it vicariously. Buen camino, Laurie

It will be warmer in 59 days, I hope so, because that is when I start my camino

Frank

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi All,
Just a quick note to let you know the weather in Seville is warm, on thursday it was 28c, and each day has been warm, the nights are cool. Seville is certainly a beautifull and vibrant city.
I start walking tomorrow.

Buen Camino, Judy.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am nearly on my way, catching a bus to Sydney in 3 hours, and flying out early tomorrow morning.
The long range forecast for Seville is for 26 degrees and clear skies on 31st March when I set out, following in Judys footsteps

buen camino

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Buen Camino, Alan!

Go well and safely!

lynne

Enjoy the journey Alan.

I follow you in three weeks

Life is one big experience.

Sharon :D

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Buen camino Marjude, Alan and Sharon. Enjoy, and in the words of one of my favourite songs (the Zulu Parting Song) "Go well and safely". Janet

Re: I'm on my way. URGENT NOTE

Hi.

I'm in Salamanca, having just completed the Merida-Salamanca segment. WARNING: There is a critical missing sign/arrow/hito near Galisteo that has sent everyone I met about 10km out of their way. Here's what you need to know:

About 3 miles from Galisteo you'll be on a nice, wide path near a canal and you can see the town off to your left. KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR A GREEN GATE ON THE LEFT. There's a sign on the gate that says No Trespassing (in Spanish, of course), but if you look more closely there's a tiny "Peregrinos O.K." scratched into the sign. You need to go through this gate. Once you pass through this property (it's a short stretch), you'll see all sorts of Camino markers.

Apparently the farmer who owns the land painted over all of the arrows and removed the hito (gray box with the Caparra arch). If any of you plan to bypass Galisteo and continue on to Carcaboso, let me know. There's some confusion passing Galisteo as well.

Good luck and Buen Camino! I had a fantastic trip and can't wait to update my VDLP app!

Melanie

Re: I'm on my way. URGENT NOTE

mmm042 said:
If any of you plan to bypass Galisteo and continue on to Carcaboso, let me know. There's some confusion passing Galisteo as well.
Hi Melanie, thanks for this. I am setting off from Merida on April 20 and walking to Salamanca also. We will probably stay in Galisteo but plans usually need to be flexible so any information about by-passing Galisteo would be great. I have a trip planned to Syria after Spain, so am expecting to be very flexible on that one. Might need to stay on the Camino. Will look for your app, Marianne

Dear Judy and Alan,
Wish I was there with you. Hope all goes well. Shall follow your news through the forum.
Sharon

Hi, Melanie;

Thanks for your app; I have put it on my phone; it looks extremely helpful. Do you have any idea when the next section might be ready? I leave Sevilla on April 25 - first 3 weeks with a friend then the rest on my own. I am so excited!!

Sue

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back