• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I'm Taking a Group for Holy Year! - Back on the Camino!

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Well, Joe and I talked and we've decided to walk again in 2021.
I've had several people inquire, and already have two reserved spots.

We will each take a small group of 7 and will walk in the month of May.
I am spending the day rebuilding the website.
The new web address is www.anniewalkers.com
It should be completely updated by end of week.

The price listed is rather high right now - the exchange rate has been fluctuating quite a bit so I posted the high end.
I will adjust it after January, and it's likely to go down.

I'm excited to be back on the Camino!
I hope to go early and walk a different route alone.

Hooray!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well, Joe and I talked and we've decided to walk again in 2021.
I've had several people inquire, and already have two reserved spots.

We will each take a small group of 7 and will walk in the month of May.
I am spending the day rebuilding the website.
The new web address is www.anniewalkers.com
It should be completely updated by end of week.

The price listed is rather high right now - the exchange rate has been fluctuating quite a bit so I posted the high end.
I will adjust it after January, and it's likely to go down.

I'm excited to be back on the Camino!
I hope to go early and walk a different route alone.

Hooray!
The best of luck to you Annie
You are giving a service to those who may need that extra bit of help and support to walk the Camino
I've read some of your posts from previous journeys so hope that this one will go well for you
It's good of you "to get back on the horse again" so to speak
Best wishes
Annette

Buen Camino! Surely you will forgive me if I combine a few lines from this poem and another few from that written by a long-dead poet. Ahem...
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,"...
and
You're a better man than I Gunga-Din!"

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Annie,
Happy for you to decide to plan to get back on the Camino! I will check out your revamped website as I'd enjoyed following "Annie's Simple Life" for two years...I learned so much from you!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I confess I am surprised by the taxi option on day 19.

Hope all goes well for you.

Yes. It's just an option. :) That nearly 4 extra kilometers makes the next day a little long for some of the people I accompany. Most do walk it, but on my trips taxis are always an option. I sometimes have people who have disabilities like bad knees or feet (like me) or heart issues. I've had a couple of people who pretty much bus and taxi'd the entire Way. Last trip I had a woman who had difficulty walking on any incline at all without turning blue. Literally. We're talking 25 feet, not two miles. Needless to say, it was a challenge. But she has a delightful personality and managed to have a good Camino.

Nice to hear that you will be back on the Camino Francés with a group Annie but...you should really rethink your itinerary to include a stay in Albergue Villares de Órbigo (16 km before Astorga) http://alberguevillaresdeorbigo.es/.
You see I will be officially taking over the albergue on May 1, 2020 from the current Belgian owner Christine:). It would be lovely to meet you and Joe and welcome you and your group during the Holy Year.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Nice to hear that you will be back on the Camino Francés with a group Annie but...you should really rethink your itinerary to include a stay in Albergue Villares de Órbigo (16 km before Astorga) http://alberguevillaresdeorbigo.es/.
You see I will be officially taking over the albergue on May 1, 2020 from the current Belgian owner Christine:). It would be lovely to meet you and Joe and welcome you and your group during the Holy Year.

I PM'd you

Yes. It's just an option. :) That nearly 4 extra kilometers makes the next day a little long for some of the people I accompany. Most do walk it, but on my trips taxis are always an option. I sometimes have people who have disabilities like bad knees or feet (like me) or heart issues. I've had a couple of people who pretty much bus and taxi'd the entire Way. Last trip I had a woman who had difficulty walking on any incline at all without turning blue. Literally. We're talking 25 feet, not two miles. Needless to say, it was a challenge. But she has a delightful personality and managed to have a good Camino.
How are your feet? Are they getting better?

€149,-
Hi is that the albergue with the inside garden and the cats?

You will? Really??? Oh, that's so good. I hope you'll enjoy it. And I also hope Camino wind will drop me by someday ;)

Hi is that the albergue with the inside garden and the cats?
I don't remember the cats, but it had an inner courtyard with lots of plants.
It was November when I was there; Christine offered me my very own dorm room, with no heat, but it was perfect. If you wanted heat, you had to share. She offered a communal dinner.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
How are your feet? Are they getting better?

Well.... yeeeees, but not healed.
But, better. I'm doing shoe inserts, massage, visualization, it's definitely better.
I'm considering seriously a Camino in March/April to test the waters.
I'm looking for short stages - so probably will just walk the Frances unless I find something easier.
I'm walking more to strengthen myself and take off these pounds I've put on since hobbled so I want to start slow. It's a bugger getting old and crippled! lol!

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back