A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Images from Brierley Camino Frances Handbook.

Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria (2015), SJPdP (2016), Burgos (2017), SJPdP (2018), Burgos (2019), SJPdP (2020?).
A few years ago there was a resource here that showed the towns of the route, image of the height profile, bridges, the facilities in each town, etc.

I can't seem to find the resource any more. Is there anyone who knows where I can get a copy of those pages/images?

I was dumb enough to leave my guide book behind in an alburgue for anyone else who high want it.

Many thanks.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
A few years ago there was a resource here that showed the towns of the route, image of the height profile, bridges, the facilities in each town, etc.
I can't seem to find the resource any more.
Hi Lance
You’ll get a lot of the type of information you’re looking for (relating to lots of camino routes too) by opening gronze and doing some drilling into it. (Route, stages, distances, images, height profiles and lots more ). - note: when you are viewing the individual stage maps you’ll see a msg: ‘ver perfil de la etapa’ click this msg to see profile map.

Also if you are looking at the accommodation- you can click and quite often you’ll see pictures of the place. Also has direct booking facility
- and it’s free and regularly updated.

Buen camino
Annie

Last edited:

Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria (2015), SJPdP (2016), Burgos (2017), SJPdP (2018), Burgos (2019), SJPdP (2020?).
Hi Lance
You’ll get a lot of the type of information you’re looking for (relating to lots of camino routes too) by opening gronze and doing some drilling into it. (Route, stages, distances, images, height profiles and lots more ). - note: when you are viewing the individual stage maps you’ll see a msg: ‘ver perfil de la etapa’ click this msg to see profile map.

Also if you are looking at the accommodation- you can click and quite often you’ll see pictures of the place. Also has direct booking facility
- and it’s free and regularly updated.

Buen camino
Annie
Thank you very much for this Annie. Take care. Be well.

ShaLaw

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, Sept./Oct. 2015. Future Camino Portuguese in 2022.
Are you referring to the John Brierley books? I’ve got a few for the different caminos and even though I don’t follow his stages because of the bed-race impact, they are very good for planning where I will stop and also what sites to see along the way.

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
Brierley is certainly one good resource for this sort of information (although I know a number of people who seem to think he underestimates some of the elevation changes :) ). There are now some other guidebooks who provide similar information. And websites (like Gronze mentioned above). And apps. There's a lot of choice.

c0484

Camino(s) past & future

I can't seem to find the resource any more. Is there anyone who knows where I can get a copy of those pages/images?

I was dumb enough to leave my guide book behind in an alburgue for anyone else who high want it.

Many thanks.
Amazon.com

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
It may also be worth pointing our that, if it is primarily the maps/elevations that you are interested in, they also publish "Maps only" versions of the Brierley guides with just the maps and albergue listings. These are also available as e-books if you want to save the space/weight.

ezbeer

Camino(s) past & future
2015 C.F.
2016 C.F.
2018 C.P.
2019 C. Salvador + C. Primitivo
for me Brierley Guide is good only for estimating the time left for next cafe con leche

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 195 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 321 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 369 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock