• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

in Cistierna -- Day 11

peregrina2000

Staff member
Just a quick post to say that I am about three days from León. This has been a very tough Camino. I left the Norte in San Vicente de la Barquera and from there had three days to Potes. In Potes, I started on the Camino Vadiniense, and it has alternated between days of mountain majesty and days of hard asphalt. The scenery has been generally spectacular and the marking good enough for even me. The 12 km stretch through the Picos on the Senda de Remoña is alone worth the price of entry!

I am in the albergue in Cistierna. It´s not a very well-traveled route, since the last peregrinos to stay here were three French pilgrims in May. I have kept pretty copious notes and will write them all up when I´m back in civilization.

I had a few days of crisis, wondering if I could make it. I´m a pretty tough peregrina, but the asphalt was a killer. My toes were just killing me and I couldn´t figure out how to take care of them. I think I have it under control now, and am hoping to arrive in three days in león for a rest day and then to start the Salvador. I am craving un-paved mountain paths!

If anyone is going to be in León in the next few days, either PM me or post here and we can meet up. I haven´t spoken English for 9 days now, and it would be a real pleasure!

Buen camino, laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sounds a bit like my traverse of the Vadiniense-- it's a tough and solitary Camino. The innkeeper in Las Salas speaks English, but only let me in on the secret when I was leaving the next day for, as he said, it was so nice to see foreign pilgrims practising their Castilian.

Wasn't the factory on the way in bizarre?? as in out of a strange film bizarre? Have you been to the Bar Zapping in Cistierna yet? Do not miss San Miguel de Escalada on the way into Leon.

Hi Laurie, you're there! How exciting. Time certainly sifts an experience. It is nearly a year since I was hiking along the Vadiniense and I can still feel the intensity of the heat on my skin and the physical struggle in my feet. This is a very beautiful part of the world and my mind is full of powerful images.

I am looking forward to reading your notes.

Go well,
Lovingkindness

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes, how exciting, Laurie!

I am looking forward to your notes, specially on the San Salvador which most likely is going to be my next camino next June. Maybe, maybe I dare to walk it alone strengthened by your notes.

Buen camino, Laurie!

Regards,

Buen Camino Laurie!! I can't wait to read more about your trip!

Allison

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody! What do you think about my plan to the next summer, in 26 days? Is it a good plan? Camino Vadiniense: San Vicente de la Barquera - Cades Cades - Cicera Cicera - Potes Potes -...
Interesting article on the Camino Lebaniego where Cantabria are receiving 1.4m euros towards the Camino. Seems it is part of a Euro 64m project across Spain, France and Portugal. Edit due to more...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back