A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

In memory Catherine Roux

When I saw my French sister in law Claire, last October, she told me that her aunt, Catherine who lives in the Rhône valley had seriously planned to do the Camino as she had cancer but unfortunately her health had deteriorated so much that she was unable to undertake the pilgrimage. I was greatly saddened to learn this and left a laminated route of the Camino for her as a keepsake which I had purchased in Santiago on completion of my Camino.

Claire was moved by this gesture and I was even more moved to receive a beautiful letter from Catherine thanking me and explaining her motivation to do this.

Sadly she died on Christmas eve, so I thought I would just put a posting in memory of her as she had wanted to do this so much.

Bon repos, Catherine, tu as dans les mains de Dieu

messages received from the family following my post

As I am walking from SJPP to Logroño end of March beginning of April and will light a candle for her in one of the churches

Dear James,
I only have now read the beautiful note your left for Catherine, and it brought tears to my eyes. This is a really lovely touch from you. I will pass your mail to my mother and ask her to pass it on to Catherine's Children.
with lot's of love

Bonjour James
merci beaucoup pour ton attention pour ma soeur Catherine.
Tout le monde a été très touché par ta letttre et de penser que sa mémoire se promène sur le camino nous fait chaud au coeur. Merci beaucoup, porte toi bien nous t'embrassons. Jacqueline.

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • April

Votes: 58 17.6%
  • May

Votes: 80 24.2%
  • June