Search 69,459 Camino Questions

In Oviedo tonight

petro

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2008 April/May) (2011 May/June) (2014 May/June), Camino Primitivo (May 2016)
After a long tiring journey I arrived in Oviedo yesterday afternoon. I have pre-booked accommodation in Hotel Vetusta. I had a good night's rest and this morning visited the cathedral, did some shopping (it took a long time to find a wooden staff!) and visited the Naranco monuments. Tonight I have a bed in the hostal La Peregrina(7 euros) and I am sharing the room with 2 French ladies who started in Irun. Tomorrow I will start walking, probably only as far as Escamplero. Taking things nice and slowly in the beginning!

Petro

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
After a long tiring journey I arrived in Oviedo yesterday afternoon. I have pre-booked accommodation in Hotel Vetusta. I had a good night's rest and this morning visited the cathedral, did some shopping (it took a long time to find a wooden staff!) and visited the Naranco monuments. Tonight I have a bed in the hostal La Peregrina(7 euros) and I am sharing the room with 2 French ladies who started in Irun. Tomorrow I will start walking, probably only as far as Escamplero. Taking things nice and slowly in the beginning!

Petro

Petro,
As far as I am concerned you are setting off into one of the most beautiful and rewarding Camino's we can walk. How I wish I were you right now.
Enjoy your Camino come what may.
Buen Camino

Buen Camino Petro!

I walked the Primitivo last June. It was beautiful and very peaceful!

Later this year I will start from Irun and then have the decision to walk the Primitivo again or tho stay on the Norte.

Enjoy!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am almost ready to go and I cant wait!
Hi Petro!
My plan is the Primitivo next year, probably late April.
Being a guy of 'mature years' with blisters on my feet after only 15 kms, I shall be trying shorter stages.
Please let us know how you get on.
Meanwhile ... we hope the rain stops, the sun comes gently out, and you have a wonderful camino.
Buen camino, Petro!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Stephen,

I am also "mature" and today I only walked to Escamplero. I was tempted to walk on but I decided to stick to the plan. I started slowly on my previous walks and it worked for me. The weather was wonderful this morning. A bit overcast, then the sun came out - just great! I loved the walk and the question"why do I do this?" was answered again. I was in heaven - just me, nature and God

Hi Stephen,

I am also "mature" and today I only walked to Escamplero. I was tempted to walk on but I decided to stick to the plan. I started slowly on my previous walks and it worked for me. The weather was wonderful this morning. A bit overcast, then the sun came out - just great! I loved the walk and the question"why do I do this?" was answered again. I was in heaven - just me, nature and God
Will follow your posts until next Tuesday when I'll fly to Bayonne to start Via de Bayona/CF/Salvador/Primitivo/Fisterra Combo. By the time I'll get to Oviedo the new albergue in Grado will be already opened so I just might give it a try although my first planned stage is same as yours Escamplero.

Ultreia!

I am loving the camino primitivo. Stayed in the municipal albergue in Escamplero last night. The albergue was not cleaned but it was not bad. I had a lovely hot shower, only thing was I was the only one in the albergue. It felt a bit creepy but after a while another pilgrim showed up and later 5 more and we had one of those magical camino evenings. Tonight I am staying in the monasterio in Cornellana. Lovely albergue! The weather is fantastic and the scenery breathtaking!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sometimes maid service IS the pilgrim. ;) I have always found brooms in albergues that needed sweeping, but they never had a human attached to them.
Did that - no sweat. That was only mentioned as information not judgement.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Tonight I am in La Espina, staying in albergue El Texu. There was light rain for most of the day and it is cold now. The tracks were wet but not too muddy or slippery. I walked through beautiful forests and the route was mainly up! Not many pilgrims on the route. Last night 9 in the monestario in Cornellana and 5 here tonight. Still having a wonderful time!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back