• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

In Santiago right now...

Annette

Santiago de Compostella...

...was further away than I remember.

The last 3 kilometres seemed like forever and my footsteps were really heavy.

When I finally arrived at in front of the huge catedral I decided that I would treat myself good. Really good. So I have checked in to a **** "Albergue" - with a huge bed, a big bathtub... I also signed up for a VERY good massage which was done by Toni. Also tomorrow there will be a huge breakfast... (buffet - with EVERYTHING).

All day I have been in an arguement with myself. I cannot decide wheter I should continue on foot to Finisterre or if I should go by bus. A part of me really want to continue on foot, another part of me says "enough". But of course, I cannot stay in my 4 star "albergue" as this will empty my bankaccount completely.

By the way, I went to the pilgrims office to get my compostella. Now I have 4 of them. My name in Latin Annam (I think it used to be Annem!?).

In a second I wil go get something really healthy to eat, as I am hungry and I loooong for something really good. (besides Pulpo Galego). So I only hope that the restaurant I have in mind have a table for me... as I do not have anyone to eat with tonight... there is no one here I know, they wil all arrive the next couple of days.

I will write more about the journey later. Right now I just wanted to check in and let you all know that I am here... I feel good and also tired.

Now to the restaurant.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Enjoy the luxury. In the event that you decide not to walk to Finisterra, you might want to look into hiring a car rather than taking the bus. If it is just you the bus would be more economical but if fellow pilgrims go in on a car with you it makes for a much nicer day--You can take the coastal route and stop in some of the lovely villages there, go at your own pace. We stopped at an albergue on the way back to Santiago to visit some friends who were walking. There are some car rental agencies at the train station in Santiago. Whichever you choose, enjoy it.

Congratulations, Annette!
Watch out for the albergues in Finisterre and Corcubion... I hear they are struggling with the bugs, too. You´ve been so lucky so far, but you don´t wanna push it!

I´ll be interested in seeing what you decide on this one. After that night of luxury, I´ll bet you´ll be back to your high-energy self and just step out walking again.

So nice to see you in Ponferrada!
Rebekah

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
There were bed bugs in Finisterre several weeks ago ... but it was cleaned.

Nothing similar in Corcubion, as far as I know.

Buen Camino, enjoy it.

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back