• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

In the USA? A Favor. Sorry to ask.... (re gadget to clip phone to walking stick)

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
Hi Folks.

There is a small gadget that I have been trying to find for years.
But it's only available in the USA and Canada.
They have a few International Distributors, but those companies either no longer carry it, or won't mail to Australia........

So I was going to resort to trying to make one..........

But maybe there is a Forum member, who lives near a Post Office, that wouldn't mind receiving this item for me and mailing it to me here in Australia?

I'm sorry to ask. But I'm struggling to think of another way of getting one.
And I've searched for months for alternatives.

OK, so what is it?

It's a Stickpic.

It weighs only 15 gms and enables you to clip a cell phone to the end of a trekking pole.

If there is a kind soul out there willing to help, I'll of course cover all costs, and also make a charitable donation on your behalf.
Just message me........... 🙂

After thought....
If you are worried about what might be in the package!
I can send you the money upfront so you can order it online....

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I made something similar a few years ago using the rubber foot for a hiking pole and a camera tripod adaptor. Mine usually has an "action cam" mounted on it but you can also use it for smartphones.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 19
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
it appears to be a selfie gadget that clips on to the messy end of your stick. I have seen ones that screw into the handle of the walking stick too.

Robo, I Too would be happy to facilitate the project. Which one did you want? Standard Edition! and does it need accessories? If youhave made arrangements with Laurie, great. But I wouldn’t mind helping. Just sendme apm and I will order it this afternoon.

Robo, I Too would be happy to facilitate the project. Which one did you want? Standard Edition! and does it need accessories? If youhave made arrangements with Laurie, great. But I wouldn’t mind helping. Just sendme apm and I will order it this afternoon.
Many thanks. Have need in touch with Laurie. But your offer is most appreciated.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This video shows a DIY (Do It Yourself) version made from a hose clamp and a $1 tripod bought at a dollar store. It also has some other tips.
Interesting. I'd go for a hose clamp/jubilee clip with a thumbscrew on it so you've no need for a screwdriver or socket to add or remove it.

1665232385756.png

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Not to be a contrarian, but the company DOES ship to foreign countries. See this link:

International Shipping | The StickPic
However, the Home page says that international shipping has been restricted until further notice. It is not clear what that means, but somewhere else (I can't find it today) I think it said that international shipping was limited to Canada. Not sure which of those two statements is correct, let alone Australia.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
However, the Home page says that international shipping has been restricted until further notice, and somewhere else I think it said that international shipping was limited to Canada.
Could well be.. The global mail system has not fully returned to normal from COVID. Best to ask via e-mail.

Hi Folks.

They have a few International Distributors, but those companies either no longer carry it, or won't mail to Australia........

But maybe there is a Forum member, who lives near a Post Office, that wouldn't mind receiving this item for me and mailing it to me here in Australia?

OK, so what is it?

It's a Stickpic.

It weighs only 15 gms and enables you to clip a cell phone to the end of a trekking pole.

If there is a kind soul out there willing to help, I'll of course cover all costs, and also make a charitable donation on your behalf.

After thought....
Pretty sure I can help. Looks like a very cool item to have on the Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Not to be a contrarian, but the company DOES ship to foreign countries. See this link:

This said, I am certain that someone will step in to send it from the US.
Sadly not. I emailed them earlier this afternoon and the owner, Rob, confirmed that they no longer offer sales to other countries.
Shame, at $10 it would have been worth a punt.

Very helpful. Sure is much easier than having an individual mailing it at the P.O.

If only they did............ But the only international shipping is to Canada.
And they have a Distributor in Australia.........that no longer exists.........
And others around the World, that either no longer stock the product, or don't mail internationally.......
I went through them all.
I have literally been trying to get one of these for 2 years...... :(

Last edited:
Pretty sure I can help. Looks like a very cool item to have on the Camino!

Many thanks @mcm , but I have one ordered already with a Forum member's help.
But your offer is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Many thanks @Marbe2 . A very kind offer. But another Forum member has one one order for me already.

Hi Folks.

OK, so what is it?

It's a Stickpic.

After thought....
Not sure how to private message but I run an online store and go to the post office Monday - Friday and also know the customs form you will need to get it into AU. Would be happy to help

Diane

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Not sure how to private message but I run an online store and go to the post office Monday - Friday and also know the customs form you will need to get it into AU. Would be happy to help

Diane

Many thanks @deg333 . A very kind offer. But another Forum member has one one order for me already.
If anything goes wrong with that, I may reach out.

New member here. I came across this thread when looking up the Stickpic and joined because of a potential future trip on the trail.

Yesterday I emailed the Stickpic developer (Rob J) and he confirmed he does not ship anywhere outside the USA (this includes Canada), nor does he expect to ever change that policy. I didn't ask why.

If you want to purchase something similar there is this: https://selfskie.com/

They include a bluetooth camera trigger in theirs and the price seems competitive (not sure about shipping). Looks like they are out of Europe. I haven't ordered from them so can't vouch for them.

As mentioned in this thread, there are DIY alternatives. I found a couple more, including:

I'll likely try to build the latter as I have the parts on hand, it looks more secure and has the appropriate camera / phone angle built in so you don't get the stick or arm in the photo.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Folks.

OK, so what is it?

It's a Stickpic.

After thought....
I have one I can send you. I don't use mine anymore. Not that I was unhappy with it, I used it a fair amount. I just changed photo video techniques and 3D printed a couple of clamps that worked better for my specific needs. When I did the CF earlier this year, I used an Insta360 Go 2. I had a mount on my trekking pole, one on my hat, and one on my backpack strap. I loved how I could just pop it from one mount to the other because of the internal magnet.

That being said, I am now using a Insta360 X3. I can't move it as quickly from one spot to the other, but you don't have to worry about framing, you do all that after shooting. I've made a mount that quickly slips on and off the tip of my trekking pole. I'm out of town now, but will post a picture when I get back home.

New member here. I came across this thread when looking up the Stickpic and joined because of a potential future trip on the trail.

Yesterday I emailed the Stickpic developer (Rob J) and he confirmed he does not ship anywhere outside the USA (this includes Canada), nor does he expect to ever change that policy. I didn't ask why.

If you want to purchase something similar there is this: https://selfskie.com/

They include a bluetooth camera trigger in theirs and the price seems competitive (not sure about shipping). Looks like they are out of Europe. I haven't ordered from them so can't vouch for them.

"Invented" and selfmade in 2016, it includes an attached Bluetooth remote (not shown) to control (on/off) iPhone. All components are on the market, simply drill a hole into the grip top. I've sent the idea to several stick manufacturers but none of them showed interest.

Screenshot 2022-10-16 at 11.32.21.png

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hola. While I am familiar with air travel restrictions on knives, I want to read your answers on carrying a small folding knife (Gerber Gear US1, (2.6 inch /6.6 cm blade)) in trains and buses in...
Hello. Having done the Portugese Central from Porto a few years ago, we will be doing the Frances from Leon this April. Searching the forums for footwear suggestions, we (wife and I) decided on...
I couldn't find any posts about this topic on the forum (first time that's ever happened) so I thought I'd ask... It always seemed to me that wringing hand-washed clothes never works very well...
Hi All, I am completing the Camino Ingles in April. I have just bought hiking trainers, as I find walking boots very heavy on my little, old feet. Hpwever, I am worried about conditions, with...
Hello, I will be doing El Camino from Sarria to Santiago this May 13 for the first time. I tend to twist my ankles in uneven surfaces and to easily slip on slippery surfaces. I have some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.