• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

In-Theater showings of The Way — US, May 2023

peregrina2000

Staff member
I have gotten a notice that The Way is going to be shown in some theaters across the US during the month of May. Here is one chain that will show it:

It is described as a “fathom event,” and I’m not sure what that means, but I’ll bet there are forum members who would like the chance to see this movie on the big screen again.

And with a little googling, I see that AMC theaters will show it also.

Not sure who thought that the month of May, one of the highest camino walking months, would be a good month to show this movie. What’s wrong with January and February?!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Never heard of it. But thanks to señor Wikipedia:

Fathom Events is an entertainment content provider that broadcasts entertainment events in movie theaters throughout the United States,

Apparently the same company are showing a new documentary about the Camino as a one-off event in a few days time.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It is described as a “fathom event,” and I’m not sure what that means,
It's a company that shows films usually one time only on the same date across the country.

I have tickets for "Santiago - the Camino Within" next week.

I really wish that rather than showing "The Way" as a one time event that they would make it available for (legal) streaming in the US again.

I have gotten a notice that The Way is going to be shown in some theaters across the US during the month of May.
On another thread (that I will have to edit) I mentioned that my DVD was 2 hours, 1 minute long but the show is 2 hours, 20 minutes long. There are longer variants of the movie than my DVD but the link I followed in this thread said to allow 20 minutes for preshow and trailers so now I'm not sure what the movie length versus show length is.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
On another thread (that I will have to edit) I mentioned that my DVD was 2 hours, 1 minute long but the show is 2 hours, 20 minutes long. There are longer variants of the movie than my DVD but the link I followed in this thread said to allow 20 minutes for preshow and trailers so now I'm not sure what the movie length versus show length is.
I can't remember the last time I went to a movie that started when the advertised showtime was when the movie started. I think it is safe to say that between advertisements and coming attractions that 15-20 minutes extra is out of the ordinary these days. If there is a new cut or "director's cut" of the film and it is longer no worries.

So excited. Although I’ve watched this movie a thousand times, I got my ticket 😊. So, one thousand and one it shall be. Yep that’s me, X marks the spot. LOL

I also saw a notification it will be in select theaters on ONE DAY ONLY, May 16th. Doing a search around that date, I do see to be true. Perhaps they are getting funding for a second Camino movie. 🤷🏻‍♀️😁
23B212B3-C223-4FC0-92A7-A1B6CEC576AF.jpegB95CBE0F-5654-49B0-A5F1-FED1D0653543.jpeg

I too have tickets for "Santiago - the Camino Within" next week the 28th. So far there are only 8 seats purchased. I believe this too is a one day event.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This is the link to check for a theatre in your area:

It's a company that shows films usually one time only on the same date across the country.

I really wish that rather than showing "The Way" as a one time event that they would make it available for (legal) streaming in the US again.
Here in canada « the way » is streaming on Amazon prime.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I might have missed an earlier posting about this but FathomEvents is showing “The Way” in the theatres on May 16th and it sounds like their will be a 15 minute interview with Rick Steves with both Estevez and Sheen about the movie. I’m not sure if there is going to be additional footage or anything else else but it’s mentioned in both the Seattle times and Facebook. It was Rick Steves first episode on the Camino back in 2010 (I think) that first got me Jonseing for walking across Spain…

5202CEB3-AFCE-4424-9496-9956E6EEAA0A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Favor to ask, I can't make this showing due to a previous flight arrangement. Wonder if someone might capture the high points of the discussion and put them on the forum? Would be most appreciative, thanks! Rick

I'm probably going to open my mouth and expose my technically-challenged brain, but can you stream something in the US from an online source in Australia?

I'm probably going to open my mouth and expose my technically-challenged brain, but can you stream something in the US from an online source in Australia?
Possibly with a VPN

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Concerning the movie:
I once offered this question in a Facebook forum and deleted it because some wanted turn it into an argument. The question still interests me and I'd like to offer it here. Please move it if you think it belongs in another thread.
If you and I met along the Camino, or were sharing a meal at the end of a day and I wanted to get to know you, I wouldn't ask the 'usual suspect' questions ( Where are you from, what do you do, etc.?) I'd ask if you had seen the movie The Way and, if you had, I'd ask you who was your favorite character and why.
Mine is Angelica, played by Angela Molina... the lady who runs the first Albergue where Tom stops. I love her sense of humor in dealing with Joost. But, when Tom asks her if she's ever walked the Camino... the look on her face says volumes. How great would it be, assuming she was a real person, to walk The Camino with her for her very first time? Imagine the stories she could share, during those evening meals. I'd love to stand beside her at Muxia and watch her face as she gazed at the water. ( It doesn't hurt that I think she's beautiful!)

Unfortunately, it hasn't been available for (legal) streaming in the US for a while.
Favor to ask, I can't make this showing due to a previous flight arrangement. Wonder if someone might capture the high points of the discussion and put them on the forum? Would be most appreciative, thanks! Rick

Just saw another notice about the screening with this quote from Estevez:

"The Way" will be screened in theaters on May 16 and streaming again on various platforms this summer," Estevez added. Fathom Events is hosting the special screening with online access to the one-day screening locations on May 16.

That sounds like it will be regularly available again in the US, and also that people will be able to watch the event online the day after. I would assume, but am not sure, that that would include the discussion segment.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back