• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino In Zubiri

petro

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2008 April/May) (2011 May/June) (2014 May/June), Camino Primitivo (May 2016)
Hi everybody,

Earlier this week I wrote on the forum of how nervous I was and now I am in Zubiri and all is oK!

I arrived in SJPP on 11 May with a bad cold - not good. Spend a wonderful night in L´Esprit du Chemin, still a bit apprehensive of the journey ahead. The next day was a glorious sunny day and Annie - you were right. Once my feet hit the camino I remembered and I felt happy and content. I really took it easy, (because of my cold and also lack of fitness) if I walked any slower I would have gone backwards! I got to Orisson in good health and feeling extremely happy and relieved. The weather had changed by then and there was a heavy fog. The next day was foggy, windy and cold but the walking was good and I arrived in Roncesvalles about 1´clock. This morning started from Roncesvalles in rain and walked in rain for most of the way, but what a lovely forest walk. I enjoyed it tremendously. I have already made many new friends and experienced a lot of kindness. I am staying in Albergue Zaldiko in Zubiri and Maria the hopitalera is an angel. I was wet and cold when I got here, went for a shower and when I came out there she was with a hairdryer! What luxury. Tomorrow I plan to walk to Trinidad de Arre so my camino is well and truly happening!

Buen Camino to all

Petro

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Good to hear from you Petro and glad that things have got off to a good start. Your sense of enjoyment in the outdoors is clear, and sounds like you have experienced kindness as well. Go well!
Margaret

Thank you so much for sharing. We begin our first camino from SJPdP on May 28. Your descriptions help to relieve some concerns!
Linda and Emily

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Stopping in Orisson that first night was smart!
Glad to hear you made it fine to Roncevalles.
Stay warm and dry and have fun!
Buen Camino!

Hi everybody,

I am in Navarette now. Today was a hot walk from Viana, but I enjoyed it a lot. I have been able to find a bed fairly easily every night. My cold is something of the past and feet and legs are doing fine. Could not ask for anything more. Met ksam from the forum last night in Viana.

Thank you for all your good wishes.

Petro

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Oh (((((ksam))))! Glad to hear both of you have made it to Viana :D
Margaret

meeting Petra and Renee and Karen Hype have truly been high points along the road!

Greetings from Belarado tonight!

As I am sure happens with many on the Forum, I am virtually walking the Way with you.

Please keep up the posts and blogs...we are an extended family!

Buen "truly wish I were there" Camino

Arn

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi,

I am in Burgos today. I took the river route into Burgos and what a pleasure! It was very hot today but the way along the river was mainly in the shade. The worst part is from Orbanejo to Castañares - along the airport security fence, no shade. I walked alone and the only part where I felt a bit uneasy was when a came across a stark naked man (maybe ksams Naked Pilgrim?)!! The new albergue in Burgos is really nice, it is big and maybe not so personal but very comfortable. Now I am ready for the meseta.

Chat again soon.

Buen Camino

Petro

Arn said:
As I am sure happens with many on the Forum, I am virtually walking the Way with you.

Please keep up the posts and blogs...we are an extended family!

Buen "truly wish I were there" Camino

Arn

Arn,

A big ditto to that. I am walking too in spirit.

Maria

petro said:
Hi,

I am in Burgos today. I took the river route into Burgos and what a pleasure! It was very hot today but the way along the river was mainly in the shade. The worst part is from Orbanejo to Castañares - along the airport security fence, no shade. I walked alone and the only part where I felt a bit uneasy was when a came across a stark naked man (maybe ksams Naked Pilgrim?)!! The new albergue in Burgos is really nice, it is big and maybe not so personal but very comfortable. Now I am ready for the meseta.

Chat again soon.

Buen Camino

Petro

I remember that area well. At home many people have asked me if the Camino was safe, especially for a lone woman. I only recall the only one time safety may have been a concern and that was walking through the area between the Burgos airport to the park. I'm glad you arrived ok. Take care!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi,

In Caldzadilla today, three days without internet, still having a great time. Leaving Hornillos del camino, freezing cold, after coffee in Hontanas it was a little better. The walking was easy and beautiful, arrived at San Nicholas and had to wait for it to open. Great stay, having your feet washed and kissed really was a humbling experience. So peaceful and quiet, it was as if time was standing still. Today a little shower on the way, just enough to cool things down.

Have to go now

Buen camino

Petro

Petro,

Well done my friend!

Every day something new to reflect and ponder...maybe even wonder.

Have you had a "Camino Angel" moment yet. Something where you found yourself in need or just vexed and a person, or situation arose that cleared, or gave you a solution.

Arn

Hi,

In Rabanal del Camino today. Another freezing start today leaving Astorga. Walk to Rabanal amongst lavender and yellow flowers, clear skies and a cool breeze. Perfect weather for walking.

Arn, no heart stopping moment yet, but unexpected litlle pleasures, plenty - walking into a little villiage were everything is closed, dying for a coffee and the bar opens just as I approached, meeting fellow South Africans on two separate occasions, the fog clearing at a particularly spectacular view, and many more. Makes my heart skip a beat every time.

Cold here tonight so I will surely dress up warmly for the walk tomorrow. Loving every minute.

Time´s up

Hasta leugo!

Petro

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Petro, your making great time! Wish you all the best on your way to Finisterre!

Bly jy vorder so mooi! Ek sukkel nog steeds met blase en is nou eers by Pocerada. Maar geniet dit nog steeds!

Hi everybody,

I am in Finisterre! Arrived in Santiagio on Saturday 11:50, made it to mass, stood through mass, bought a map to Finisterre, then had a beer, went to the pilgrim´s office for my compostella, did other necessary things, booked in to my room (Roots and Boots), next day off to Finisterre. Beautiful walk and very special. Had soft rain on the way, good walking weather. Arrived in Finisterre 2 o´clock today - on my birthday! Best birthday present ever to see the Atlantic Ocean. Laughed, cried and did the happy dance. Went up to the lighthouse later, awesome.
I am happy!

Hasta luego

Petro

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back