• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Inclement Weather

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
So, I'm stuck in Bayonne! Arrived in Biarritz last night with the intention of taking a train to SJPP today, only to find the train cancelled! There is 1 bus at 18:00 from Bayonne station. So the adventure begins!

So, I'm stuck in Bayonne! Arrived in Biarritz last night with the intention of taking a train to SJPP today, only to find the train cancelled! There is 1 bus at 18:00 from Bayonne station. So the adventure begins!
These TER trains have been cancelled today due to a workers' strike. Many such strikes might occur during March due to protests re potential changes in train service and workers(cheminots) due to be officially discussed later this month.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Enjoy Bayonne while you are there. Under the arches are some of the best chocolate cafes!! and the church has been cleaned up beautifully so the paintings are quite a pleasure!! Also a camino table resides there with a person if you so need assistance.

Yes, was just thinking about that. This cold snap is Europe wide and I think there is snow on Camino right now - wishing all well who are out there.
Where are you now, David? Did you decide to head North?
You could always walk the Baztan direct from Bayonne to Pamplona. It is a most excellent adventure.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am looking forward to walking in cooler weather and trying to prepare for the challenges ahead. Believe it or not living in Florida sometimes too much sun can wear out it’s welcome . I believe the key is preperation, some sort of survival plan for inclement weather and a go with the flow attitude. Don’t sweat what we can’t control and we definately can’t control the weather. I definately will defer to local weather information before proceeding each day.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
No, I am in sunny Florida enjoying 32 degrees sitting by the pool. I will be starting the Note early in May from Bilbao.
Where are you in FL? I am in Hernando County. Today is actually nice, been unusually hot and humid for Feb.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I’m in Tomar on the Portugues and the problem isn’t cold but rain. Had to take the day off to dry my boots. The roads and trails can’t handle the sudden downpours. My understanding is that it is a different system off the Azores causing weather issues here. Hopefully tomorrow is last bad day.

Where are you in FL? I am in Hernando County. Today is actually nice, been unusually hot and humid for Feb.
I live in Naples and another regular contributor to this Form and a very good friend of mine, t2andreo, lives in Palm Beach. There are two other Camino amigos who I have walked with in Bonita Springs.

Last edited:
No, I am in sunny Florida enjoying 32 degrees sitting by the pool. I will be starting the Note early in May from Bilbao.
We are snowed up here in S Devon. Nice log fire but no walking today.
Envy the warmth and looking forward to warmer weather and next walk in Spain

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I live in Naples and a regular contributor to this Form and a very good freind of mine, t2andreo, lives in Palm Beach. There are two other Camino amigos who I have walked with in Bonita Springs.

That’s great you are not too far away, I’m little north of Tampa. Nice to know I have Camino brothers and sisters close by. I fly from FLL end of March to Barcelona

For those without gloves, USE your spare woolen outer socks as mittens!
Seriously? People would go on a Camino this time of year without ski gloves and a good knitted ski hat?
I would much rather hike in snow than +35 C or hotter. Easy to dress for cold, not so much for blazing hot weather.
But I guess those that don't live with 6 to 7 months of winter like I do, you don't get cold weather and proper preparation for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Where are you now, David? Did you decide to head North?

You could always walk the Baztan direct from Bayonne to Pamplona. It is a most excellent adventure.

Heya. I did get to Camino - coo, it was quiet, only met one pilgrim, Martin from England who was obviously hurting but did the English thing of saying he was fine! Then unexpectedly had to go home to the UK - just a family thing that needs support, so am in UK now, on a campsite in Devizes whilst I wait for my house to go through, about -3C and snow and cold wind, rather pleasant actually (said the man not walking anywhere). Will be on Camino for about a month in June.

As for the weather - can be fun too!!

Finniest-Snow-Memes-Ever4.jpg

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back