• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Incognito Celebrities on the Camino

This is a “light hearted thread” a break from the “heavy” we are all experiencing now.
Jill, I am glad you are ok with the puns some of us have slipped in your thread. I, for one, love humor if it is not seen by the majority as inappropriate, although that can be subjective. Your thread has been a refreshing change of pace and you probably didn't even realize all the twists and turns it was going to take when you started it. I've had a lot of fun reading about the "real" celebrities pilgrims have met...and all the other nonsense thrown in, as well. With covid, I need a laugh and have had quite a few thanks to you!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I note that @OTH86 has responded to my last post. I enjoyed a walk with her on the Frances some years ago, until I disappeared down a rabbit hole (the steep pedestrian trail down to the bridge to Portomarin) and we have not co-incided on a trail since. She showed me how rewarding a walk with another forum member could be (Yes, I shouted up to you when I reached the exit to the bridge, but by then I think I was much too far away for you to hear me).

Last year--August 2019--on a very quiet section of the Puente La Reina to Estella segment, a very familiar good-looking man was going in the opposite direction (to Puente la Reina) at an extremely fast clip when he crossed paths with me. He had that very fresh smell (it's a very narrow path there--I wasn't being weird) that people who've been hiking for more than a day or two often do not have. I assume he had either just started or was getting crisp, fresh clothes (as his were) every day from some source. It was either an American movie star (not Keanu--he's Canadian) or someone who looks just like him. Since he obviously did not want to be bothered, I did not scream out, "Aren't you__________?"

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Never. But I've met a number of people who were just like the rest of us who turned out to be 'big wigs' with serious jobs at home. It's one of the most refreshing things about the camino that you often learn this kind of thing at the end of the walk, rather than at the beginning. As pilgrims we can lead with our hearts and humanity, rather than our status and roles.

Me too.
As have I and, as the owner and Administrator of two FB groups, plus Admin on others, I have met some very influential people and, when the blisters and exhaustion, grumpiness, and happiness all come in equal measures, one realises just who are the 'Real Pilgrims' and who are those just along to tick something his/her bucket lists, or, something to talk and brag about at their next cocktail hour. I LOVE the way that the Camino, whichever route one follows, brings everyone down to the one level. Susanawee.

As have I and, as the owner and Administrator of two FB groups, plus Admin on others, I have met some very influential people and, when the blisters and exhaustion, grumpiness, and happiness all come in equal measures, one realises just who are the 'Real Pilgrims' and who are those just along to tick something his/her bucket lists, or, something to talk and brag about at their next cocktail hour. I LOVE the way that the Camino, whichever route one follows, brings everyone down to the one level. Susanawee.
One of the most humble, but scraggly looking pilgrims, who only stayed in municipal albergues that I have walked with is someone who has started several large companies. I met him after he sold his first big company, and needed some contemplative time to decide what he wanted to do next. Very down to earth, and I only learned his background after spending some time with him. Defnitely not a DYKWIM type.
(DYKWIM = Do You Know Who I Am)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I met Courtney Hartman, a fabulous guitarist/musician and recording artist a couple of times on the Frances in 2017. Also, a nice person! Saw her in concert a year later in Massachusetts with Robert Ellis.
Maybe not quite as well known as Alan Rickman

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back