• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Increase on the Salvador

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Next month I will be part of that increase! Apologies......but it sounds too beautiful to miss.

Laurie:

A 20% increase of one when I walked equates to 1.2. Not exactly an overcrowded situation. It would be nice if people walked this route versus from Sarria to cut down on the crowds. This is the perfect Camino if you only have a week and you get a unique Credential and Compostela.

Ultreya,
Joe

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Should we stop singing its praises?

We (five of us) shared our Salvador with 3-8 others each night so it was not exactly quiet. But the real race was the Primitivo!
Could you just whisper to me a *quiet* route? Before everyone else gets there. I guess any in winter would do the trick!

We (five of us) shared our Salvador with 3-8 others each night so it was not exactly quiet. But the real race was the Primitivo!
Could you just whisper to me a *quiet* route? Before everyone else gets there. I guess any in winter would do the trick!

Vasco or tunnel route. Walked in April.

Last edited:
whispers............... "El Camino Olvidado " :rolleyes:

Ondo Ibili !

Mendi, have you walked it? It's really beautiful, but the infrastructure is really in its infancy. No albergues to speak of, but you can stay with Rosi in Fasgar. Other than that, it's pensiones, hoteles, casas rurales. I was lucky to find that the owners of the casas rurales were willing to open their places up for one night and one person, because they typically rent them in their entirety for at least several days. Would love to hear your opinions about the Olvidado, Susanna and I wrote a guide that Adolfo has posted on the group's webpage: http://www.elcaminoolvidado.com/ (it's the first drop down in the "etapas" tab up top). Anyone else heading that way? Buen camino, Laurie

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
beautiful!
I'm really looking forward to this camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
After 64 days, including breaks in major cities, I finished this week in Finisterre. I walked the Baztan, Frances, Salvador, Primitivo, Finnisterre caminos. The Baztan and the Salvador are my favourites, mainly due to the nature and Solitude. I was the only one and the first this year on the Baztan. We were two of us on the Salvador. I want to thank Laurie, Ender, Rachel and Deborrah for their advise and guidence. I will always remember .

DutchHiker - as well as doing the same route, we ended up sharing the same opinion! We had a busy Primitivo but it was a very fun group, so actually a pleasant change after the quiet days - but there is certainly something special about those quiet routes.
Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Could you just whisper to me a quiet* route? Before everyone else gets there. I guess any in winter would do the trick!
Hi Kiwis,
Walked the Primitivo together with pilgrims from Spain. After Lugo we did a shortcut towards Camino del Norte to awoid the bed-running on The Camino Primitivo. We followed a small road to Friol (marked with green arrows from Lugo), where We all stayed in a hostel and continued the next day to Sobrado dos Monxes on Camino del Norte. There are 2 albergues and some hostals in Sobrado, so no bed-running there ;)
From Lugo there will be many pilgrims on the Primitivo, but the best part of this camino is between Oviedo and Lugo.

Buen Camino, Hanne

Ok, that's enought for me. Baztan is now going to somehow get worked into Camino 2016! Buen camno, and congrats DutchHiker!
YAY - you'll love it. Make sure you stop at the monastery at Urdax and don't press on to Amaiur-Maya. We only raced on because we were meeting family in Pamplona, but I regret not looking round the monastery and the climb that comes immediately after Urdax would have been so much easier in the morning! Besides, A-M was a pretty grotty place to stay; apart from black mould ringing the showers, it just had a strange vibe about it.
Make sure you stop in Espelette too. The albergue is great and there are mercados to buy food. The town is very touristy, but we liked it.
And don't forget Berroeta. It's one of those lovely wee hamlets where everyone from miles around hangs out in the evening and sits around chatting right in front of the albergue (which was spotless).
Early spring is a great time because the green of the leaves is unlike any green we have ever seen before - absolutely stunning.
Yes, you've got to do the Baztan!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

(Soon-) Live from the Camino del Salvador - starting end of April 24. We are currently on the Camino de Invierno around 43km before reaching Santiago - from there we will catch a bus to Leon to...
First time posting Live? Left León at 8am. Arrived at Cabanillas 2. The path is very beautiful. 20km total. Followed the River. At first town we went to the lovely Bar and Tienda. I bought cheese...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back