• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Indecision ....

andywild

Time of past OR future Camino
CF april 18.. CP sep 18.. CF april 2020
Well, I have two weeks off booked from today.. I can get a flight on Tuesday to Santiago and walk the finisterra/muxia way...
My Camino pal Jess is willing to join me... And we're both unsure whether we should.
Seems weird to suggest that I'm weighing up what's better.. Camino or no Camino... But in reality it's a load of travel hassle to do roughly 10 days walking and then travel hassle back.. (including having to wait 8 hours for my airport to home train)...
Should I go? Or should I stay home and spend the money on pizza and beard care products?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Well, I have two weeks off booked from today.. I can get a flight on Tuesday to Santiago and walk the finisterra/muxia way...
My Camino pal Jess is willing to join me... And we're both unsure whether we should.
Seems weird to suggest that I'm weighing up what's better.. Camino or no Camino... But in reality it's a load of travel hassle to do roughly 10 days walking and then travel hassle back.. (including having to wait 8 hours for my airport to home train)...
Should I go? Or should I stay home and spend the money on pizza and beard care products?
Can I recommend the Camino dos Faros - it's an 8 day walk from Malpica to Finisterre that passes through Muxia but sticks to the coast so you have the chance to swim and walk and still have enough time to walk to Santiago and if you get a credencial in Muxia you can pick up another Compostela cert. "Dos Faros" takes a little bit of organising but is a great solitary walk which is very rewarding. It's not part of the Santiago pilgrim walk but from Muxia back it can be ! Good luck

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I walked to Finisterre / Muxia after doing the Camino Portuguese and absolutely loved it - beautiful scenery and very peaceful. From Muxia, the group that I was travelling with took a taxi back to SDC. Had I been on my own, I would have taken the bus back.

Andy,
What would you prefer?
Option 1. 10 days in Galicia thinking of the pizza and Just for Men Beard product that you're missing out on.
Or
Option 2. 10 days at home indulging in pizza and beard toppings (ED. Surely some mistake?) and thinking multiple times every day that you could have been on another Camino!

Seems a no brainer from here.

Andy,
What would you prefer?
Option 1. 10 days in Galicia thinking of the pizza and Just for Men Beard product that you're missing out on.
Or
Option 2. 10 days at home indulging in pizza and beard toppings (ED. Surely some mistake?) and thinking multiple times every day that you could have been on another Camino!

Seems a no brainer from here.
If he would know that he wouldn't ask ;)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not at all. Andy does though have a reputation to live up to with regards to his entertaining posts, often, it may be said, with tongue in cheek.
I know that :D
But sometimes I'm very confused about all the "past this, past that tenses" in English language so I never really know if I posted a correct sentence ;)

I so dislike traveling since 9/11--airplanes and airports and security and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and all that, so I am not keen on that part. But I pilgrimage when I feel the call, even if it has its annoyances. If you aren't feeling the call to go, then don't go. Or consider a different route of pilgrimage, or pilgrimage in a different country where you like better the travel plans.

Andy, from my perspective on this side of the pond, your travel hassles seem relatively minor. Pizzas and beard toppings will be there when you get home! The opportunity to walk a Camino with a friend doesn’t happen every day. Jump at it!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I never really know if I posted a correct sentence

Your English wasn't a problem at all. I was saying that "Of course, Andy would ask that question even if he knew the answer, because he wants us to react and make entertaining comments."

If he would know that he wouldn't ask ;)
About the grammar, you said it exactly like many English-speakers would, although the more correct form would be: "If he knew, he wouldn't ask" or "If he had known, he wouldn't have asked." That uses the subjunctive, which is dying from English.

About the grammar, you said it exactly like many English-speakers would, although the more correct form would be: "If he knew, he wouldn't ask" or "If he had known, he wouldn't have asked." That uses the subjunctive, which is dying from English.
Thank you! That's what I'm talking about being confused using English :)

But let's not steal the thread from Andy, hahaha. Maybe he still didn't get the right answer.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well it turns out my buddy can't make it after all 😫 I'm taking it as a sign that the camino isn't calling this time.. I may have a wander around the UK and see if I can get into any blog-worthy predicaments.. I have no idea where to go but I'm guessing heading south will increase the chances of decent weather.. I'll let you know where I end up 😀

Hola Andy!
"What a beard hast thou got! thou hast more hair on thy chin than Dobbin my fill-horse has on his tail"
— William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice (late 1590s), Act II, scene 2, line 99.
If you shave your beard off you'll be two kilos lighter and could probably jog to Muxia and back... then savour five days of pizza in Santiago and preen your beard as it grows back. What is your heart and appetite telling you? Which is the stronger... the call of the Camino or your favourite pizza topping?
Keith

Well it turns out my buddy can't make it after all 😫 I'm taking it as a sign that the camino isn't calling this time.. I may have a wander around the UK and see if I can get into any blog-worthy predicaments.. I have no idea where to go but I'm guessing heading south will increase the chances of decent weather.. I'll let you know where I end up 😀
I'm on the Camino del Salvador from sep. 11th, starting in León. Come and join me, its a seven-day trek max, fantastically wild and inspiring.
Keith

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I know that :D
But sometimes I'm very confused about all the "past this, past that tenses" in English language so I never really know if I posted a correct sentence ;)
Kinky, sometimes I get confused and English is my first language...I often have to think twice when deciding to use "then", or "than". 😂

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It's looking like a wander around the UK 🥺 still no idea where, I may just drive around looking for a pleasant spot.. I'll definitely don my regaling hat if there's anything regalable to regale

It's looking like a wander around the UK 🥺 still no idea where, I may just drive around looking for a pleasant spot.. I'll definitely don my regaling hat if there's anything regalable to regale
Avoid Downing Street ;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back