• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Indeed wintery in Poladura

amancio

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
Hola amigos!

this is an excerpt from Spanish national TV, those of you who have been there will recognize the place and the people but, if you have never been to beautiful Poladura de la Tercia, this is the local albergue (former school) and Feli the landlady at Posada el Embrujo... to me, this brings so many memories...

I hope the link works!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I slept in the casa rural not the albergue as I had heard it was not very clean. This was confirmed by others walking at the same time with whom I had shared the same albergues with the previous two nights. They were unimpressed and confirmed the dirtiness. But the hospitalero (yes a man not the woman in the film) had given them a commemorative neckerchief each.

Trip advisor rates it as excellent by reviews..don't know why the stretch in opinions is so wide betweeen there and here.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The hospitalero, I believe, apperars in the video shoveling snow off the albergue entrance! There is no bar or shop in Poladura, but it is worth it to treat yourself to El Embrujo; very reasonable prices, excellent food and you feel most welcome. The Albergue is basic, as far as I have seen, but it did have some heating form when I last saw at the end of June (yes, heating on in June!). Definitely worth it!

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking the Norte starting at Bilbao later this month and am considering switching to the San Salvador after I get to Oviedo. I would be walking it in the reverse direction beginning...
(Soon-) Live from the Camino del Salvador - starting end of April 24. We are currently on the Camino de Invierno around 43km before reaching Santiago - from there we will catch a bus to Leon to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.