A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Live - Camino Portugues Indo eu, indo eu...

JoaoA

Walking to Christ, with Christ, through Christ.
Camino(s) past & future
First Caminho this summer! (July 2020)
So, after a long time of wanting to do the Camino, and after what seems like a divine urge, I have set off on my first camino!
Being a Portuguese resident it was rather easy getting to Porto without the hassle of Covid at the airport...
I started in Porto and went along the Coast to Vila do Conde, and just turned inward to Rates to follow the Central Way!

Having a cozy hammock time before departing once again step by step!

The locals are glad to see pelegrinos on the road again and have helped greatly along the way so far... it is my first camino, so I don’t have a past reference, but I want to share with you that the spirit is still very alive and we are welcomed here, albeit not without proper caution!
I have even met a few pilgrims on the Coastal Way and befriended a lovely group of young ladies from Spain, Italy and Brasil.

It is a true blessing to finally be doing this and I share this in hopes that some of the Camino spirit will reach you wherever you are!

Blessings in Christ
Joao

Attachments

Last edited:

Jomas

Camino(s) past & future
VF many times. Monaco-Lindau '15. Assisi-Pietralcina '17. CF '18. VF small part 09/20 next
Ciao!
It is a real pleasure to read your report and travel impressions! It is also nice to read that the locals do not mind seeing, greeting the pilgrims who have returned on the way. In fact, that's what comes to me from other sources. Certainly with the right precautions and sanitary rules. I wish you a good continuation ...buen camino 🙏🎒

Canada Wanders

Lost, but making great time...
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2015
CP 2018
Nice to hear people are on the move again.
Loved the Camino start in Porto, and had to go back to explore Porto after we got to Santiago.
Enjoy your journey!

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
Bom caminho! That's the same route I followed a couple of years ago. I am glad to hear it is going well.

JoaoA

Walking to Christ, with Christ, through Christ.
Camino(s) past & future
First Caminho this summer! (July 2020)
Thank you very much for the kind words of encouragement.

Just arrived home after 24 days of Camino life.. went all the way to Muxia.

What a blessing. The first camino but certainly not the last.
The happy melancholy I felt leaving Santiago was heart-touching.. a profound feeling of belonging, yet longing, but also motivation to come back soon.
(Brought back some Pimientos de Padron to make at home to ease the melancholy and nostalgia heheh :) )

Will leave some more pictures

Ultreia!
God bless and bon camino to all! <3

Attachments

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Such a wonderful post @JoaoA !
You express it beautifully : " a profound feeling of belonging ". :)
Enjoy the Pimientos.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock