• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Indoor mask requirement lifted in Portugal

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Time of past OR future Camino
Some in the past; more in the future!
Portugal no longer requires people to wear masks in most indoor settings. This was announced two days ago and is already in effect. At two grocery stores I went into in Lisbon this morning, staff were not wearing masks for the first time in two years.

Exceptions, where masks are still required, are:

- public transport (given concerns about crowding and ventilation)
- places containing vulnerable people (retirement homes, hospitals etc)

For pilgrims, this means no longer having to wear masks to go into shops, restaurants, museums etc.

Obviously, you may continue to wear a mask if you like. Most customers (including me) were still wearing them in the grocery stores today.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi there
My husband and I left Sydney yesterday 22/4/22 heading tp Paris then onto SJdPP to start the Camino - 27/4/22.
At Sydney Airport we could not check in until we completed the French Passenger Form which we did - had the Covid Tests and results within given time frame And completed A sworn Statement
Such a long journey and full aircraft from Bangkok to Paris - ( Sydney to Bangok not so full ! ) we were a little worried if we had completed everything
-on arrival in Paris this morning 23/4/22. not one offical asked to see any such proof of Covid tests or site Passenger Locator Form ( no cost id completed on French Gov site) or the Sworn Statement confirming a series of covid related questions Aus, NZ were viruslly waved +-waved through the crowds with ease -
We even located the Pharmacy that would adapt the Aust International Covid Certificate QR for use in Paris and Spain she handed the forms back and said they are no longer required to be adapted - as they were no longer relevant
( hope she is correct 😊)
All that being said doesn't change the fact that each and everyone needs to continue safe Covid practices.
Enjoy walking the road, keep safe, continue to watch out for each other, pass the love of the Camino to others -
Ps it was thrilling and exciting to see airports in Sydney, Bangok and Paris with a high level of buss
of travel and just how,,has hit back back

HnG

Portugal no longer requires people to wear masks in most indoor settings. This was announced two days ago and is already in effect. At two grocery stores I went into in Lisbon this morning, staff were not wearing masks for the first time in two years.

Exceptions, where masks are still required, are:

- public transport (given concerns about crowding and ventilation)
- places containing vulnerable people (retirement homes, hospitals etc)

For pilgrims, this means no longer having to wear masks to go into shops, restaurants, museums etc.

Obviously, you may continue to wear a mask if you like. Most customers (including me) were still wearing them in the grocery stores today.

Great news!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Can anyone in Portugal confirm that there is no longer a requirement for travelers from the US to complete the Passenger Locator Form? My understanding is that the government removed this requirement in April.

Can anyone in Portugal confirm that there is no longer a requirement for travelers from the US to complete the Passenger Locator Form? My understanding is that the government removed this requirement in April.
It was still in force at the beginning of May, but I understand that it's no longer required.

This site is up to date with travel requirements.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back