• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Inexpensive albergue(s) in Lourdes?

Kevin Malinak

-kevin-
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, St Jean PdP, March 18 (2018)
Does anyone know of any inexpensive places to stay in Lourdes France? We'll be there for 3 nights. Approx 10 Euro?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Lourdes Albergue is excellent, and even though by exception you can stay there for two nights as a Santiago pilgrim (because you're doing two separate pilgrimages in that particular place), you cannot stay there for three.

I'm also unsure whether Jean-Louis will agree to provide beds for pilgrims not walking to, from, or through Lourdes, but as you seem to be starting in SJPP and so are genuinely foot pilgrims, maybe he will ? But maybe he won't.

Otherwise, here is somewhere at about €20 / night http://maisonmercimarie.fr/ (you'd absolutely need to book ahead, basic accommodation with use of a kitchen)

That's the best I can find for mid-March -- unfortunately, the old place where Santiago foot pilgrims were sent to, before Jean-Louis started his place, and which would probably have been ideal in your circumstances by booking ahead -- L'Hospitalet -- is only open from the beginning of April to the end of October.

The dirt cheap Village des Jeunes is also only open during the same period.

A more comfortable solution, with a Santiago pilgrim price of 32 € with breakfast & one meal, 39€ with breakfast and two meals is here : http://www.dominicaines-lourdes.com/hebergements (and there may be a possibility of a cheaper price with breakfast only if you skip the meals)

Last edited:
I stayed at a retreat house run by Polish sisters on other side of Lourdes. Peaceful place and not expensive and great meals. But I lost their phone number and no one seems to know who they are and suggestions.

Can't find much about them online, though their phone seems to be +33 (0)5 62 94 91 82

mark connolly, nathanael, JabbaPapa Thank you!!!
Wow, again awesome information from all of you.
I sat down and spent a few hours on the internet, took notes...
We now have 3 options: I will attempt to contact them tonight!!!

Lourdes Donativo Albergue, ACCUEIL JACQUAIRE LA RUCHE,
21 Rue de Pau, 65100 Lourdes, France. +33 5 62 97 98 21. Owner: Jean-Louis, jl.doux@club-internet.fr or jl.sweet@club-internet.fr

THE HOUSE "MERCI MARIE"!, http://maisonmercimarie.fr/1-Accueil 21€/Night. catherinedevaublanc@maisonmercimarie.fr , MUST pre book this place.

La Maison Bellevue (Bellevue House/Estate, Polish Seminary,)
Address : Route de Bartres, 65100 Lourdes, France
Phone : +33 5 62 94 91 82, pmk-lourdes@club-internet.fr
https://www.guidestchristophe.com/hebergements/occitanie/maison-bellevue.html

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

21 Rue de Pau, 65100 Lourdes, France. +33 5 62 97 98 21. Owner: Jean-Louis, jl.doux@club-internet.fr or jl.sweet@club-internet.fr

THE HOUSE "MERCI MARIE"!, http://maisonmercimarie.fr/1-Accueil 21€/Night. catherinedevaublanc@maisonmercimarie.fr , MUST pre book this place.

Yes finally found the place I stayed here for two days they are wonderful meals are excellent, surrounding very peaceful. They have a small shuttle bus that takes you to Lourdes and comes back to get you. The sisters speak some Italian and English. Definitely, a place to stay pilgrim friendly they had breakfast ready for me the morning I left early.

Sorry my reply was for Bellevue House, nathanael.

Another person suggested that we stay at this place:
Soeurs de L' Amour de Dieu [Sisters of the Love of God], Address = 17 Rue de Bagneres, 65100 Lourdes, France, Phone = +33 5 62 92 21 42
Tel: 05.62.94.38.83 / Fax: 05.62.42.22.50 / E-mail: usera.lourdes@wanadoo.fr
Does anyone know anything about this one? Thanks again, -kevin-

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello, I am soon to step out and wondering if the Polish Seminary (Bellevue) is easy to find as a post mentioned a shuttle bus! I thought Bellevue was close to the grotto/cathedral but perhaps this is not the case?

I am flying to Lourdes from Paris and intend to catch the local bus into the town. I also made my reservation with the sisters online and there was no formal money exchange---just a sweet message in Frenglish that it would be ok...hopefully, yes as I know early August is a very busy period. Thanks for any advice.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello (again!)...this is a follow up to my previous post---...so....is Bellevue House (Polish sisters) walking distance from town--? I plan to catch the bus from the airport.

Also, I have not been able to contact the pilgrim hostel via email (unanswered).

Merci--bon chemin

is Bellevue House (Polish sisters) walking distance from town--?

I've never been to Bellevue House, but really, on this forum, that's possibly the definition of a trick question.

Santiago de Compostela is "walking distance from town" from literally anywhere in continental Europe ... :p

But the sisters are about 2.5 K from the train station, a little bit further from the Grotto, and maybe 3.5 K from town centre.

Perhaps this will be a more directly useful answer ...

https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Ma...bb0ea6ff3954cac!8m2!3d43.1109903!4d-0.0505328

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
ok, thanks so much, Jabba....yes, I need to qualify...can Bellevue be reached (by foot) in under an hour!

Even now, with my knees in awful shape, it'd take me about an hour or so from the station.

Half an hour for a strong walker at a good pace ?

It's less than 2 miles ...

Does anyone know of any inexpensive places to stay in Lourdes France? We'll be there for 3 nights. Approx 10 Euro?
Hi Kevin! Are you back yet and do you mind sharing your experience? I'm looking to stop for a night or two in Lourdes before starting my Camino in June of this year.

I saw the Sanctuary offers accommodations as well. Anybody stayed there?

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

How did it go? Did you stayed in any of them and would you recommend it? Are they walking distance to the Santuary?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Kevin! Are you back yet and do you mind sharing your experience? I'm looking to stop for a night or two in Lourdes before starting my Camino in June of this year.

I saw the Sanctuary offers accommodations as well. Anybody stayed there?
We stayed at the the
How did it go? Did you stayed in any of them and would you recommend it? Are they walking distance to the Santuary?
Hello, we stayed at the place that my friend chose. It was very nice!!! The evening meal served there was fantastic!!!
Nearly all places were within walking distance, as was this one.
Soeurs de L' Amour de Dieu [Sisters of the Love of God], Address = 17 Rue de Bagneres, 65100 Lourdes, France, Phone = +33 5 62 92 21 42

We stayed at the the

Hello, we stayed at the place that my friend chose. It was very nice!!! The evening meal served there was fantastic!!!
Nearly all places were within walking distance, as was this one.
Thank you very much, Kevin!

l stayed here the sisters were good to me when l left early Sunday morning they insisted I have breakfast and they did at seven in the morning. They provide three meals one sister speaks a bit of Italian which helped me a lot and the other some English. It's a great place to stay they have a driver that takes you to the shrine and picks you up again.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back