• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Info on busy or not please on coastal Portuguese camino

Lynnhardy

Time of past OR future Camino
hello just wanted an update on the coastal way portugese as regards busy or ok for the albergues on route please and just generally on the busy ness! Start on 9th June after just walking the via de la plata…. Thank you any and every pilgrim…..

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We walked the coastal and the spiritual two weeks ago. Aside from Vigo, Pontevedra and Santiago, we saw fewer than 20 pilgrims each day. However, because we were traveling with children, we didn't stay in albergues. Generally, it was a very quiet walk. In fact, I'm hoping to do a busier Camino in a year or two so I can share that experience as well.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I started in Porto on coastal on 30th May just arrived in Arcade... Ivar is indeed correct.. There are actually two Caminos the official coastal way and the shoreline route (camino por la litoral) although they do occasionally overlap. I kept to the shoreline route which is real quiet, you stay in the same places at the end of each stage..

Walked the VDLP last year. I have walked from Lisbon but stayed inland all the way, What a contrast. VDLP to Coastal from Porto. Hope you have a little time to spend in Porto. What a wonderful city. Love Portugal and you will love the people of Portugal even more.

hello just wanted an update on the coastal way portugese as regards busy or ok for the albergues on route please and just generally on the busy ness! Start on 9th June after just walking the via de la plata…. Thank you any and every pilgrim…..
W´re one week back from our first Camino, CP litoral/coastal which indeeds overlaps here and there and it was beautifull,not crowded, at Pontevedra we switched to the Spiritual variant less people but oh so beautifull, recommend it to everyone!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Finished the VDP on Ascencion... went to Caminha and walked across to Tui via river, saw 3 pilgrims that day... Tui, heaps of pilgrims, I went via the Espiritual and had to book ahead to stay in the albergue, monestary full (friends couldn't get a bed a couple of days later as they hadn't booked...) seeing the number of pilgrims I booked ahead, mostly private rooms ... took alternate paths so didn't see as many pilgrims until the end of the day ... arrived Pentecost, not as busy as Ascencion.... the number of pilgrims was a shock after the Via ... I used it as 'integration' back to people ....

Arrived into Vila do Conde on coastal today. Arrived to albergue at 5 pm and not full (I was not staying but asked to check). I saw about 20 - 25 pilgrims on the way but think some will switch to central route from here tomorrow (as will I) . I will see what tomorrow brings and try to give you an update from central.

I asked the same question about a week ago and was told things are busy so I have booked a lot of my accommodation and in some places it seems a lot were fully booked.

Buen Camino

Phil

Hi again Sue. Met a guy this morning who stayed in Labruge albergue last night. He arrived there from Porto at 15.30 and only half full but was completo later on.

Am in San Pedro de Rates but my feet are in bits so staying in guesthouse not albergue and I've no info on here.

Cheers,

Phil

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back