• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Info on Camino through Luxembourg

Faith831

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Muxia/Fisterra (Dec/Jan 2016) Way of St. James - Luxembourg (July/Aug 2018)
Hello all,

I'm looking for info on the Camino through Luxembourg (https://www.visitluxembourg.com/en/place/walking/stage-trail-st-jacques-de-compostelle and www.caminosantiago.lu ). I've found almost no info on it other than that it exists and a very rough route map on the Camino Luxembourg page (which is maybe good -- hopefully that means that I can do it without crowds in July/August, which is the only time I have to walk this year.) Attaching map of the route. ( yes, I know the map Zooms in. I'm just saying it's not as detailed as the more well-traveled Camino maps and Route info is)

I'm fine (happy, in fact) to just show up and take what comes, but it would be useful to know in advance if the cello system is in place up there as well in terms of needing to collect them to stay at the albergues, and if other than the three albergues listed, it's a camping type situation.

I don't need general Camino info -- I walked to Santiago last year, and also from Santiago to Muxia/Fisterra. Just specifics on the Luxembourg route if anyone has anything.

BTW, I'm walking Luxembourg because I was born there, so it's a pilgrimage of a different sort.

Thank you for any help.

Camino Luxembourg.jpg

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Conrad-Stein (publisher of the little yellow guidebooks) has one for Luxembourg, on the Mullerthal Trail. I cannot tell if any of the route overlaps your plan. https://www.conrad-stein-verlag.de/buecher-shop/luxembourg-mullerthal-trail/

Thanks! Yes, I plan on doing the Mullerthal trail as well. That one seems easy in terms of accommodations, because it goes in loops and one could theoretically stay in Ettlebruck for all three stages. The Camino route would be different, since it winds down the ( albeit short) length of the country.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I walked through Luxembourg on my way to Rome. Not on this particular trail though. You can get a stamp in the city of Luxembourg, it is a very nice one and pretty big too. But you can't get it in the church. I went to the tourist information, because they can call the place and then you can walk there. It is somewhere in the city centre, but I don't remember where. All I remember is I had to knock on a large wooden door.
Luxembourg is a very expensive country, but they have a lot of campings and there is usually a tourist information office to help you find a cheaper place to spend the night.

Thank you, Celine! Which trail did you walk? I was thinking of doing the G57 through the northern part to see more of the country rather than walking the Camino on the border, but I can't tell if it's camping only or if the towns are spaced closely enough to make for walkable stages (not sure I want to carry a tent, I like to travel light). Then picking up the Camino for the southern part with a detour to the Mullerthal.

Attachments

• larger GR57.jpg
    larger GR57.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 11
Thank you, Celine! Which trail did you walk? I was thinking of doing the G57 through the northern part to see more of the country rather than walking the Camino on the border, but I can't tell if it's camping only or if the towns are spaced closely enough to make for walkable stages (not sure I want to carry a tent, I like to travel light). Then picking up the Camino for the southern part with a detour to the Mullerthal.
I walked on trails I found on Googlemaps. So never any particular trail. You might want to look into the GR5, that trail also goes through Luxembourg. The only differe ce is that the GR5 goes around the city of Luxembourg. Luxembourg has a lot of nice trails and it was easy to find my way around.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In this resource there is a link to a kml/gpx file with all the camino's in France. In there is also this camino through Luxemburg. You will also find a link to a manuel how to use it on a smartphone.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back