A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Info requested - how to volunteer at St Jean Pied de Port

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

blamoca

Camino Frances Sept 2018
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2018)
Reposting my recent question here ...copied from another seeking info from Monasp, Manager of Pilgrim Office at St Jean Pied de Port (from 2018).

Monasp, can you give general information about volunteeering at SJPDP Pilgrim office? how it works and what's required:
  • criteria or experience required?
  • languages needed?
  • assignment is 1 week, 2 weeks, as long as you like?
  • what time of year?
  • daily shift?
  • accomodation provided?
  • when to apply? how?
I am interested to volunteer there..with this info then I can plan for it better when I do my next camino. Merci!

Peter Fransiscus

Be proud of who you are.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Reposting my recent question here ...copied from another seeking info from Monasp, Manager of Pilgrim Office at St Jean Pied de Port (from 2018).

Monasp, can you give general information about volunteeering at SJPDP Pilgrim office? how it works and what's required:
  • languages needed?
  • what time of year?
  • daily shift?
  • accomodation provided?
  • when to apply? how?
I am interested to volunteer there..with this info then I can plan for it better when I do my next camino. Merci!
You can contact them,

PILGRIMS OFFICE
39, Rue de la Citadelle - 64220 St Jean Foot of Port
caminopa@hotmail.com
+33 5.59.37.05.09

Wish you well , Peter.

josephmcclain

• languages needed?
  • what time of year?
  • daily shift?
  • accomodation provided?
  • when to apply? how?
Great Question. I have volunteered two years in a row now for the albergue Beilari in St Jean. It has been a great experience. That is another possibility. Curious to see the answers to volunteering at the Pilgrim´s Office. Also did two stints at the big Pilgrim´s Office in Santiago. Beilari has a new facebook page. Check it out. Beilari Albergue St Jean Pied de Port

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
I would be very interested in what Mona replies. Please share here, or send me a Private Conversation.

Thanks

Monasp

I'm a manager of pilgrims office in SJPP
Camino(s) past & future
Camino in 2008.

• languages needed?
  • what time of year?
  • daily shift?
  • accomodation provided?
  • when to apply? how?
Hi sorry I was on holiday,
To be volunteers at SJPP Pilgrim Office is required :
1 Be walked the way
2 You have to speak french and one other language (English - Spanish or some other)
3 You work only one week from monday to next monday
4 The office is open all year long but we need volunteers especially from April to October
5 Your daily work consists in helping and reassuring the pilgrims who begin his way
6 In the house of the pilgrim office we have rooms for the volunteers and we give you the breakfast and the lunch. The volunteer must pay for his trip.
7 I start to prépare the schedule 2020 in October. You have to mail me before and I will send you a document.

Maybe see you soon. Best regards

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%