• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Information in English for the Sureste

ritaj

Time of past OR future Camino
We are planning to walk the Sureste as soon as it is safe again. Is there any information about the route, the distances between places to stay, food availability, etc., in English?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

And it will be worth careful reading of the posts in this section of the forum. Plenty of supplemental information.
Thank you so much -- I have ordered the guide. And of course will be reading the posts in this section. One quick additional question -- are the distances greater between places to stay on the Levante than on the Sureste?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
In Alicante by the Association de Peregrinos you can buy a recent guide, very good, in Spanish with accomodations, daily maps for +/- 10 euro.

In Alicante by the Association de Peregrinos you can buy a recent guide, very good, in Spanish with accomodations, daily maps for +/- 10 euro.

That same association has an online guide that looks like it would eliminate the need to carry a guide, if you will have internet access while walking.

But I am assuming @ritaj doesn’t wants English language sources.

Thank you so much -- I have ordered the guide. And of course will be reading the posts in this section. One quick additional question -- are the distances greater between places to stay on the Levante than on the Sureste?
You should look at the very detailed planning thread on the Levante from fall 2020. The person ”leading“ the thread cannot walk long distances, and so there is plenty of information about how to shorten what might otherwise be longer stages. I have only walked the Levante, but I think based on what I have read that the stages on the two are similar, with occasional “problem stages” for those who can’t walk long stages. But I think there is always a workaround, though it may involve a taxi or an off-route detour.

Actually, I am looking for information in English but that will be worth checking out.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
That same association has an online guide that looks like it would eliminate the need to carry a guide, if you will have internet access while walking.

But I am assuming @ritaj doesn’t wants English language sources.

You should look at the very detailed planning thread on the Levante from fall 2020. The person ”leading“ the thread cannot walk long distances, and so there is plenty of information about how to shorten what might otherwise be longer stages. I have only walked the Levante, but I think based on what I have read that the stages on the two are similar, with occasional “problem stages” for those who can’t walk long stages. But I think there is always a workaround, though it may involve a taxi or an off-route detour.
Wow, I have spent today reading and taking notes from that planning thread for the Levante -- terrific! I'd love it if there was a similar one for the Sureste. I still am totally unclear where those two Caminos overlap and where they diverge after they first come together until Medina del Campo (where the Sureste departs to head north).

Well, I was thinking that maybe another planning thread would be fun once we finish the current Lana planning thread, so I’ll keep that in mind. But my heart leans more to the Olvidado, truth be told. ANYWAY.....

Here is a map of the sureste and lana I think they call it the “metro map” — not very good in terms of actual representation, but fantastic for showing you the relationships and connections.

I haven’t walked the Sureste, but I can tell you the Levante is fabuloso. I’d be interested in hearing how you chose the Sureste.

Buen camino, Laurie

Well, I was thinking that maybe another planning thread would be fun once we finish the current Lana planning thread, so I’ll keep that in mind. But my heart leans more to the Olvidado, truth be told. ANYWAY.....

Here is a map of the sureste and lana I think they call it the “metro map” — not very good in terms of actual representation, but fantastic for showing you the relationships and connections.

I haven’t walked the Sureste, but I can tell you the Levante is fabuloso. I’d be interested in hearing how you chose the Sureste.

Buen camino, Laurie
We really chose the Sureste because we wanted to connect to the Sanabres. We had started the Via de la Plata (from Salamanca) and got as far as Rio Negro when Covid forced us to abandon. We thought the Sureste would be a more interesting way to complete that Camino rather than just starting from Rio Negro again. But with all the wonderful information I'm getting now, it looks like we will do more Levante routes on our way to Medina del Campo in order to give ourselves shorter etapas. It looks like we are talking about early spring 2022 at best and Wes will be 86 and I'll be 80 so shorter stages are increasingly important (which is why AJ Guillaume's vicarious thread on the Levante was so terrific!). Years ago we wrote a forum thread about the San Salvador and the Primitivo for older people. Well, we are even older now but still hoping to continue...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back