• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Information on accommodation in Manzanares de Real or Mataelpino

henrymorgan

I have read that there is an albergue in Mataelpino. Also there is a lady in Manzanares de Real who offers pilgrims a room. Has anyone stayed in the albergue in Mataelpino ?
Thank you.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I have read that there is an albergue in Mataelpino. Also there is a lady in Manzanares de Real who offers pilgrims a room. Has anyone stayed in the albergue in Mataelpino ?
Thank you.
Hola Henry!

About Manzanares here in posts #53 & 55:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/finally-my-camino-de-madrid-june-2014.25354/

New albergue in Mataelpino:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/new-albergue-has-opened-in-mataelpino.32937/

Hope that helps :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you.
I walked Camino de Madrid in june this year. In Manzanares there is a man only a few blocks away from the closed hotel and he offers pilgrims a bed and there is also a kitchen and showers. It cost me 10 Euros . . You can ask in any bar/restaurant for this private alternative. I recomend it. The old man is very nice.

I walked Camino de Madrid in june this year. In Manzanares there is a man only a few blocks away from the closed hotel and he offers pilgrims a bed and there is also a kitchen and showers. It cost me 10 Euros . . You can ask in any bar/restaurant for this private alternative. I recomend it. The old man is very nice.
So glad there is a possibility in Manzanares, because the castle there is really worth a long visit. Roger, wasn't this Camino de Madrid #3 for you?!

In May I stayed in an annex to a private house at 22 Calle de los Alamos - Sra. Elena. Alejandro showed me around. Very clean, neat and comfortable. Three beds in a large room with facilities adjacent, close to the town centre and plenty of restaurants. From memory €15. Nice place.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
We stayed in Hotel El Yelmo in Manzanares.
It was wonderful and the food was excellent.
We paid 57 euros for a double.
At the time, we had asked around town and couldn't find lodging elsewhere.
Now that I know about these other two options, I'm filing the info away as I'd like to do this route again (and finish it).

From which closed hotel?
Is this up the road from the Hotel Yelmo or down in the village?

Laurie, there is a castle there?????

From which closed hotel?
Is this up the road from the Hotel Yelmo or down in the village?

Laurie, there is a castle there?????

In Manzanares el Real? It's right next to and above the reservoir, I think you must have seen it walking in from the south. Supposedly the best example of Castilian military architecture, I think it's 15th Century. Worth a leisurely visit, it's pretty impressive.

manzanares.jpg Manzanares3.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I also stayed in Hotel el Yelmo (on Annie's recommendation) and really enjoyed it, but quite the steep walk up a long road to it.

Thank you.

We stayed in the albergue in Mataelpino during our CdM outing last month- very clean, new and worth a stay. If I 'm remembering correctly it was only 6 euros. Because the CdM is so sparsely traveled my walking partner and I had the entire place to ourselves.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The ''closed'' hotel in the village is not really closed. Just call the hotel number and the owner will gladly come and give you a room.
I stayed there last June. Excellent service and friendly owner.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
So glad there is a possibility in Manzanares, because the castle there is really worth a long visit. Roger, wasn't this Camino de Madrid #3 for you?!
Yes , number three it was :) Next year I will walk from Merida on Via de la plata continue the walk I started 2007 from Sevilla. All the best Roger

@peregrina2000
Laurie, this is the post I was referring to when mentioning "this man". I guess Roger could explain this a bit more detailed.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for the info about albergues above, evereyone! I'll soon be passing (or staying) in these pueblos so hopefully I can update this for June 2016... Leaving tomorrow...!

Bye!

BP

To anyone walking the Madrid, I would strongly recommend the Albergue in Mataelpino. The number is on the door and the place is immaculate. The cost is 8 euros and there are plenty of eating options.

Ultreya,
Joe

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for the info about albergues above, evereyone! I'll soon be passing (or staying) in these pueblos so hopefully I can update this for June 2016... Leaving tomorrow...!

Bye!

BP
Hi, BP!

How was your CdM? I guess you are already on Salvador by now. Wish you better weather that I have had.

Take care!

Hi, BP!

How was your CdM? I guess you are already on Salvador by now. Wish you better weather that I have had.

Take care!

Hi K1,

Yes I´m in Santaigo now after having wrestled for two days with my plane tickets!!! Never thought I would get back home again. I just went through my notes for CdeMadrid. I used the guide in English here on the Forum (Max Long), and the guidebook of the Asociación. I will tell you all about it!

Weather: Not a single drop of rain the last three weeks. Nothing. So weather was fantastic but I still found the Salvador sooooooo hard. Holy cow. I swore I would NEVER do it again when I arrived in Oviedo but, in hindsight, I actually pushed myself too hard so it´s my own fault. I could have made more stages so not to rush. Those mountains nearly killed me!!

More to come!

BP

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back