• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Inglés in September 2019

Bev Gorman

Time of past OR future Camino
INGLÉS (September 2019)
Greetings. My husband and I, who are both in our 70s, will be walking the Camino Ingles in mid-September. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. I am especially concerned about the walk from Betanzos to Bruma. If we arrive later in the day you will there still be room in the Albergue? I am in reasonably good shape, while my husband is in great shape, and will have no problem. I have been walking every day to get in shape.

I’m also interested in what the weather was like when others walked the Camino in September.
Many thanks, Bev

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello, , and a warm welcome to the Forum. :)

Here is a link which also may be of help as you begin: American Pilgrims on Camino's FAQs about a camino pilgrimage

The good news is, you are in a forum with a wonderful group of people. Most are here to help people like you to achieve their pilgrimage goals. We can offer you encouragement, knowledge, and point you in the direction that will help you help yourself.

My suggestion to start is this:
  1. Take a deep breath. Write down in large letters the reasons why you want to go on Camino. Place that piece of paper where you can see it every day. That way, if anxieties and fears threaten to overwhelm you as you plan, you can just breath, read what you have written, and focus on those reasons until the negative stuff fades.
  2. Make a list of questions and concerns that you have.
  3. Go to the Search Engine at the top of the Forum pages.
  4. Enter the words or phrase that you want more information about. You will get a huge amount of information to explore.
  5. If you find that you need help with anything, post a new thread so that your question or concern can be readily seen. If you post a question within someone else's thread, you won't receive as big of a response.
  6. Remember that perfect timing as it relates to how you feel, scheduling, and day to day life issues, seldom align themselves perfectly. If one waits for such to occur, doing something like a pilgrimage will always be in danger of taking a back seat while you wait for that perfect alignment to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings. My husband and I, who are both in our 70s, will be walking the Camino Ingles in mid-September. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. I am especially concerned about the walk from Betanzos to Bruma. If we arrive later in the day you will there still be room in the Albergue? I am in reasonably good shape, while my husband is in great shape, and will have no problem. I have been walking every day to get in shape.

I’m also interested in what the weather was like when others walked the Camino in September.
Many thanks, Bev
Welcome to the forum.
We too were concerned about the Betanzos to Bruma stage and actually broke it into two sections.
This meant booking 2 nights in Meson do Vento (signed near Bruma), with a pick up arranged near Leiro, and a return there next morning. It gave us a day walking light as we left much of our packing in our room. O Meson Novo only do this for their paying guests by pre-arrangement. Their own website is here in Spanish.
We then walked to Calle de Poulo and took a taxi to Ordes (again a booked room) with a return to Calle next morning. The taxi driver signed our credenciales there as the cafe was still closed at that hour. That gave us shorter stages beyond Bruma to Segueiro.
You can check our days on our blog for June 2015 and July 2015.
If you look on gronze there may now be more places to stay giving more choices and making it easier to plan your own stages. Also see the CSJ page with link to their guide to the Ingles and The Cicerone guide to the Ingles (and Mar).
If you have time Betanzos is worth a 'rest day' to walk around and visit the churches and the Pasatiempo gardens,
Buen Camino

[Edit:- I should have said to be sure to get your 2 stamps per day and get the stamp from any place you stay an extra night as you finally leave.]

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
In addition to what @Tia Valeria wrote the hotel Canaima , across the street from Meson Do Vento , also has the service to pick you up somewhere on the route.

Recommended!

Weather was great. About 20 degrees and only two hours of rain the whole way

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Last October we walked the Camino Ingles. We left Betanzos and walked to the new albergue in Presido one day then on to Bruma the next day. Two easier days rather than one long one
This is very helpful as we are planning to walk the Ingles starting 9 September starting from Ferrol; is this what you also did?
Can you please comment on the albergues along the way; we are planning the same shorter day to Presido.
Hoping to hear back

Buen Camino

Mark

Last October we walked the Camino Ingles. We left Betanzos and walked to the new albergue in Presido one day then on to Bruma the next day. Two easier days rather than one long one
We started in Ferrol early afternoon and stayed municipal allergies in Neda, Pontedeume, Betanzos, Presido, hotel de Bruma, Seguiro (private), and Santiago

Thanks so much for all the helpful advice. We will have to consider spending a night in Presido, which we didn't consider doing before.

We're hopeful, one way or the other, "The Camino will provide."
Bev

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back