• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Inglés/Mar Accommodations - COVID Updates

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
As with the Norte and Primitivo, I've been reaching out to accommodations on the Camino Inglés and Mar to get a snapshot of their status heading into summer. Responses have been slow in coming! Still, even if there's not a ton of info yet, I hope the list of accommodations and email addresses can be helpful for pilgrims looking to make reservations. Click here for the sheet.

I figure I'll push out a second round of email requests this weekend, so hopefully that helps to fill in more of the blanks on this sheet and the others.

Dave

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I think what you are doing is wonderful and must be really time consuming. I was wondering, selfishly if you will be doing this follow up for the VDLP. I will be going in October. I believe Gerald Kelley is doing it but I am not sure. Any insight on this?

Thanks very much! Sorry to disappoint, but no, this is the extent of my spreadsheets. Well, I'm also making a much more extensive spreadsheet on accommodations along the Le Puy route, but that's in preparation for the book that I'm inheriting from Alison Raju.

To some degree, these sheets are mostly duplicating similar efforts by Gronze, Wise Pilgrim, and others. I felt a certain obligation to people who have bought the guidebooks to assemble my own updates on these specific routes, though, and I always want to try to make information available in a useful package to people regardless of whether they have the books or not. I find it helpful to have all of this laid out in one, singular space, so I hope that's true for others as well. And if not, those other sources are out there!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
As with the Norte and Primitivo, I've been reaching out to accommodations on the Camino Inglés and Mar to get a snapshot of their status heading into summer. Responses have been slow in coming! Still, even if there's not a ton of info yet, I hope the list of accommodations and email addresses can be helpful for pilgrims looking to make reservations. Click here for the sheet.

I figure I'll push out a second round of email requests this weekend, so hopefully that helps to fill in more of the blanks on this sheet and the others.

Dave
Tnx Camino brother..🙏👣

Dave
great work.. tnx 🙏 👣

Just a quick note: included among the 50% of Galician albergues reopened today by the Xunta were nearly all of the albergues on the Inglés. The only one still closed at this time is Hospital de Bruma.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Status
Not open for further replies.